12 g nano cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also say a small water change would be a good idea, just to lower the ammonia enough so you can read it. :)

So ammonia is finally down to 0 but nitrites are at 160 and nitrates at 5. Is this the normal cycle of a sw tank. If so how long should it take my nitrites to go down by themselves. I just got these parameters this morning. Thanks in advance

Thanks carey. Do u think I'll be cycled after the nitrites drop. And will I be ready for a cuc or fish?

Fattonynoriega said:
Thanks carey. Do u think I'll be cycled after the nitrites drop. And will I be ready for a cuc or fish?

Honesty, dont chance it. The jitrites will go up and then come down slowly, but then the nitrates will go up up up. Its going to take at least another 1.5 weeks, and even then id wait another week to be safe. And dont worry about how dirty your tank is (im guessing thats why your so interested in a CUC). It will go away, just be patient. Your tank will be a beutiful reef in no time :)

So patience is the key. Got it. The sand in my tank is covered with brown algae and my rocks are growing green algae on top. The water is clear I'll just keep testing. Thanks for the info.

Fattonynoriega said:
So patience is the key. Got it. The sand in my tank is covered with brown algae and my rocks are growing green algae on top. The water is clear I'll just keep testing. Thanks for the info.

:):) ya!!!

Woohoo. Ammonia 0. Nitrites 0. Nitrates 40.
Should I add a couple drops of ammonia to see if I'm fully cycled??

I would. :) If it goes down to 0 within a day then I'd say do a water change then start your fish adding. lol

So after 24 hours of me dosing ammonia up to 4 ppm. My current parameters are:
Ammonia. 0
Nitrite. 5
Nitrate. 160
I understand that the nitrates go down with pwc. But should have the nitrites been zero as well within the 24 hours??

Yep the nitrites should also have dropped to zero. See how long it takes for them to go down and then redose the tank. You should be able to go to 0 for both to be fully and completely cycled.
Sounds like you are just about there though

Woohoo. Ammonia 0. Nitrites 0. All within 24 hours I think I'm ready to add life. Do I just add a cuc first. Or can I add a fish with a cuc. Also what kind of cuc do I need for this mess? Lol.

Attachments

• image-3329434398.jpg
    image-3329434398.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 62
  • image-905065794.jpg
    image-905065794.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 67
  • image-409464632.jpg
    image-409464632.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 67
Thanks for that link. It is very helpful. I found that it is actually cyano algae on the sand bed. I read up on the chemi pure elite and it looks like that would be a big help for the algae problem. I have a stock 12 g nano cube deluxe Would u recommend getting an intank media basket or putting it directly in to One of the chambers ( if chamber do I replace the sponges or the carbon). Thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom