12g Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starchar

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just ordered my 12 gal nano tank. Going to be running T5 lighting. Thinking about a pair of clowns and some coral. The tank is from www.tanksdirect.com and is their CAD line built in ref and flow rate is about 20x.

Thoughts on additional equip or stock?

Where did you find aquariums on that site? And you say CAD so it makes me think you ordered a CADlights tank, which are cool.

What are it's dimensions and what fixture are you gonna use?

:popcorn: I'm along for the ride

I just ordered a 20lb bag of black sand. I am definitely going with live rock (probably about 10lbs).

Tank should arrive by the end of next week (free shipping does not equal fast shipping). Then I can start the cycle process.

This is my office sw tank. I also have a 39 gal fresh with some beautiful angels. My secretary feeds them and has conversations with them. When (if) they die I will switch that tank to sw also. My 29 gal BioCube with the seahorses is doing well but the fan for the 10000k light is really loud.

I agree, I just recently switched the fans out of my biocube because the others were going out of balance a bunch. I ordered some regular computer fans and some adapters and Voila! Much quieter and much more efficient I'm sure.

What brand of sand are you going with and where are you getting the rock from?

The whole "Tank at the workplace" is such a good idea, when I become a teacher (High school biology) I'm hoping to have upgraded from my biocube to something else and I'll bring the biocube into class and set it up for the kiddies

I spoke with Oceanic today on the phone and they were very helpful. They are sending me out two fans via priority mail to replace the originals. The tank is covered under warranty for up to one year. Bi also heard that they are supposed to be releasing a hood mod to upgrade the standard lighting to a stronger LED based system for keeping corals with a more strict light requirement.

I just ordered the Tahiti Black sand for this tank. I am excited about the setup. I also bought the glass top to help with critter jumping in the event I get a goby of some sorts. Looking to do something unique but haven't figured out what I could keep in the tank that would be ok in a nano environment and be unique and interesting.

Noice!

As for the fans I probably could have gotten replacements but I've read it's not just the ones you get, it's the quality of the fans in general and they do it a lot. So I just got some $5 ones that are much quiter and definitely more powerful

I just got my fans in from Oceanic. It was easy to install and I have a backup now. Best of all they were free!

I just remembered a thread I read on nano-reefs. CADlights is horrible with customer service and shipping. Some guy had waited 2 months for his tank and it took days and a complaint over paypal to get an email response. This was in february and many others had the same issue.

Hope your's goes well, not trying to worry you. Just making sure you know. Though since you ordered through somewhere else I think you'll be better off

Back
Top Bottom