12Gal tank just about to crash!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donovan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I've had my tank up and running since October of 2010. Had a few unfortunate tank buddies go, and I can't figure out why. Did 20% water changes and added a few different media filters. Can't seem to lower my nitrate level. Sand bed hasn't been changed and there are lots of ditrus laying around. The sand is also changing colors, it's green, yellow, and brown and al areas. Please Help!!!

What kind of water are you using (tap/rodi)?? How often do you do water changes? What is currently in the tank? How much liverock is in the tank? How often do you feed? What kind of lighting do you have and how long are they on? Just some questions that will help us help you :)

First things first, give us all your parameters: ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, salinty, temp. Do you have a sump with macro algae? I find snails, hermits, stars, crabs, cucumbers, sea hare take care of the waste. I have all these in my tank and there isn't really any 'waste' to suck up. As far as the sea hare, he mainly eats a nuisance leafy algae that was taking over my tank, 'was' being the operative word. Hopefully we can catch it before it crashes..

Back
Top Bottom