13 Gallon Custom Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dominus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all,

I am finishing up my custom tank build, currently waiting for the black paint to dry on the back and she will be pretty much done. The dimensions of the tank are 18" wide X 15" deep X 11"tall, So as you can see this is a relatively shallow tank. As I continue to do research The main thing that comes up for me is lighting. I have a 27 watt PC light fixture running a 10,000k bulb. I already have this light and I don't really want to sell it so I was thinking of DIY LED's to augment the light and help the spectrum. (see below for what I want to keep) My question is what are my options with this light? what can the light grow? what can't it grow? How many LED's would I need to boost lighting? (From what I am finding out probably around 12, 6 white, 6 royal blues)

For what I want to keep in this tank; I was thinking as far as fish go I would do a clown or something of that nature, I really want something that will be out and about swimming, visible. After hearing about iDream's firefish not every coming out I'm kinda wary of them but am still interested in them. SO basically I'm open to any ideas yall have about fish.

Inverts- I love shrimp so there will be one or two in the tank for sure as ell as a snail or two and maybe a crab.

Coral- still Trying to get myself acclimated to this world but I know I really like Frogspawn. I don't know much about it but I plan to find, but in the mean time can anyone give me pro's and con's of this in my tank? I def want to stay in the beginner coral range and don't want to break the bank on expensive and hard to keep corals.

Last question, The water at my school is terrible, (bronx water) so I am thinking I will definitely need an RO/DI unit, Doing research about them currently as well but want to see if anyone who is reading this has any opinions on these?

Thank you so much and yes I know the search button is my friend and I am using it quite a lot, I just want my own thread as well to adress specific issues to my developing tank.

Figured that a more appropriate place for this thread would be getting started so I posted over there. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom