14 biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish56

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Will this work 1 three striped damsel 1 cardinal and 1 citrus goby

I wouldn't do any because they like being with each other. Try a clownfish, neon goby, and an unarmed perchlet or something along those lines.

What about the cardinal can I get that and something else

I wouldn't get any cardinal honestly. Let's see, a Firefish, Ocellaris clownfish, and a blackray shrimp goby with symbiotic shrimp is a nice combination :)

Cardinals get too big for the 14. Even if they start out small, eventually they need a larger tank. Watch the Damsel..they can get territorial and downright nasty to other fish that invade their territory...they also tend to expand their territory and the Biocube isn't big enough to give them a lot of room.

I had two Damsels in a 75g and they each took half of the tank for their territory which they protected quite efficiently. I had to finally snag them and give them away.

Orange lined or longspine cardinals would be good choices, you are referring to a Citron Clown Goby correct? If so, that would be a good choice as well.

Most damsels get too big and much too mean and nasty for a 14G tank

The cardinal only gets 3in and it the banggai cardinal and it is the goby dream said

And what about a clownfish with the cardinal I mentioned

Cardinals swim around a lot, are too active for a 14. Trust me, you could fit a lot more into a 14 if you avoid the cardinal. A clownfish with a firefish, symbiotic shrimp and goby is a better idea and nothing would be too crowded.

Most books recommend no less than 30 gallons for a cardinal, and that's bare minimum.

So a clownfish and the goby said in a earlier post and what else can I get also what are some easy corals

Mushrooms and zoanthids are your best bet. I was forced into them because they came on a piece of live rock haha. Turns out the Protopalythoa (10 of em) that came on the rock go for 10 dollars a polyp :)

What about hermits and a cleaner shrimp and what is the lighting for the corals and can I get a green chromis

Back
Top Bottom