14 Gallon Biocube New Tank Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppylover101

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 14 Gallon Biocube that I basically reconstructed. I took the back where all the filtration was and when I was done the tank was empty. Then I went to finding a new form of filtration. I have a submerigible/HOB filter that I Moses to fit snug in my tank, I have a 50w heater , a small surface slimmer and a circulation pump fit for the tank , I have 20 lbs of live sand in the tank and 15 lbs of live rock , I cycled my tank with biospira which worked wonders literally wonders . And then proceeded to slowly adding coral. My tank parameters are all stable Ammonia:0ppm Nitrite:0ppm Nitrate:0ppm Phosphate:0ppm KH:10 Calcium:440 most of my corals are doing just fine but I have a concern with my Torch in Particular I have 3 head that make up 2 frags 1 of the heads you can almost not see it the other is starting to come out more and then the other frag is doing good. I'll just post some pics and hopefully I'll get some feedback

Here are the Torch Corals , mushrooms and Xenia any tips the Xenia dosent look very happy and neither do the other 2 torches

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 127
And here we have the Duncan and the zoas but these 2 are doing just fine

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 139
The zoas and mushrooms are the only coral that look to be doing ok. How are you testing your water? 0ppm of nitrate and phosphate is impossible if you have any living creatures in the tank. Imo your dealing with an uncycled tank as that bacteria in a bottle is a scam

I'm testing with the API saltwater and reef master test kit and what's your best advice BugRedsReef10 in my case ?

What's all in the tank? What light are you using? And how much flow? I'd get an accurate test (read as not api) for nitrate, phosphate , alk, cal, and mag. And do a couple large wcs using ro/di water

So update guys I lost the coral tired our or be nrwon jelly disease and as soon as I saw it I pulled it out. My other corals are doing well now and also I think I have a bubble tip anemone I think it came with my rock I'm honestly shocked I'll post some pictures tomorrow ��.

Back
Top Bottom