14 gallon reef tank making progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sand dollar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am approaching the 4 month mark for my tank. I've been on here reading for information/ideas, admiring other tanks and asking questions. I thought I'd finally start a thread for my tank. Its a 14 gallon coralife biocube. It is still young and I am eager for corals to grow, but it is starting to really feel like a reef tank to me!! I'm battling a bit of GHA & tweaking things to address that issue. Other than that I am very happy with the progress so far! Here's a small photo dump :)

FTS:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415663452.595998.jpg

hairy mushroom and ric:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415663496.553703.jpg

Zoa hill:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415663555.429054.jpg

Other favs:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415663657.301126.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415663764.373674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That is awesome! I dig it alot~ What type of lighting do you use?

Sent from my XT1030 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That is awesome! I dig it alot~ What type of lighting do you use?

Sent from my XT1030 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! It has come a long way and I have come across some great deals. I just have the stock lighting right now, 10,000k daylight and an actinic. Hope to upgrade soon, still looking around and saving for that (unless I upgrade to a bigger tank all together first!! ;))

Thanks Nanoreefz, your thread has helped me a lot! I am super excited today, went to LFS for water and they have a huge colony of Rastas ?!! He said they are going to start fragging this weekend so hopefully this time next week I will be able to pick up a frag!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just bought my first corals off ebay, I'm excited but nervous about shipping. Everyone does it though, right? Here's what's coming next week!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416078620.802844.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416078631.551535.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416078642.825900.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My frags came in today. I'm glad they made it alive because we had near record colds here last night and today. I am a little bummed about colors though, does it take a while to color up after transport?? The Ricordea is supposed to be a rainbow but looks more peach with a bit of green, still very pretty to me but not quite as colorful as hoped. My palys are still opening but look kind of one colored instead of having a few color dimensions. Maybe I'm just being picky and need to give it time?? What have your experiences been with ordering corals online? Pic below, they all are still nice just not exactly as expected.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416441812.439683.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416441840.579292.jpg

Nice pick ups Sand Dollar! :) they will color up, the stress of shipping will do that

Thanks! I'll stop being judgy then ?. The more I look at the ric the more I really love it, even if it stays this color.

Rics will loose their colors more than the z's will from shipping IME, give em a few weeks and they should brighten back up.

Anyone have experience with a green clown goby? My algae is clearing up so I was thinking of adding another fish and thought these little guys looked cool.

Find one eating from the store, they can be finicky some times. My guy quit eating for some reason after 3 years:( , but they a ram awesome fish, huge personalities in tiny packages.

Not much new in the tank, but a few progress updates!

GHA has been decreasing and rocks are looking better, just few small hot spots left. This picture compared to my original post shows some improvement.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417560347.556297.jpg

My acan lord looks like it is finally having a baby:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417560417.192600.jpg

My hammer split and has two heads now.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417560511.450081.jpg

Photo dump of other stuff in the tank.
Pink watermelon chalice and cleaner shrimp:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417560650.738521.jpg

Fire and ice getting bigger:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417560714.827907.jpg

Photo dump cont:

Blue laptastrea, can't see in the shadow but it is starting to grow over the rock it came on:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417560949.373802.jpg

Rastas, just because.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417560996.379029.jpg

My new ric coloring up and my old one looking fat and happy:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417561137.944338.jpg

May get some new goodies next week when one of our small LFS has a grand reopening at a new location and my regular LFS has anniversary sale.

Back
Top Bottom