14g biocube new to this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok ok. so i change the way my chambers look. take a look and tell me what you think!!with the protein skimmer i had to cut a bit of chamber 2 so i can throw it in there. it was a little deeper into it then it would have been in chamber 1. as i adjust the water level i will move the skimmer accordingly.

so its been like 2 weeks and my clowns are still hanging in the back and at the top.... still normal?

Maybe there is too much waterflow elsewhere in the tank? If they look healthy and fins are good and expanded they are probably fine. Just too much flow.

maybe its where they decided host???

Mine have picked a corner and thats where they live.

They swim around but sooner or later they will be back to the corner..

no i only have the standard pump that is 137 gph. i havent gotten the nano yet so i dont think its a flow problem?? beside im pointing the flow upwards so that the clowns can swim around and closer to my rock and my hammer.

help my coral !!i dont want it to be sick.. i looks bad. the flow is pointed upwards so its not direct the only thing i can think of is the calcium might be low. i check everything. amon is 0 nitrite is 0 nitrate is 0 ph is 8.2 and cal is about 400.

Hmmmm...to be honest I'm not sure. Start a new thread in the Salwater-Sick section with those pictures to get some help

hey i have a lot of red algae growing on my sand. any ideas on how to clean them?

The red algae could be from the tank being new and the cycling is not done, or lack of flow in the bottom of the tank. I use two nano power heads in my tank aimed down. I had good results. I did siphon as much out at waterchanges and it has not returned.
How long has the tank been running?

i had i for 2 and a half months now. and i have been doing water changes every week now. so i dont know

Slimy looking stuff on the sand?

My guess is cyanobacteria. It is feeding on the excess nutrients in your tank. when you do your PWCs siphon the slime off the sand bed. I would suggest at minimum once a week until you get things back under control. Reduce your feedings a bit too.

No. Even if it did it would only be a bandaid solution. You need to cut off the fuel supply. Read our article about it in the articles section.

Back
Top Bottom