15 gallon nano build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wesson89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Starting my 15 gallon build today, moving over 50% water from my 90 gallon and all rock and hopefully between 10%-20% existing sand, from the 90 gallon. Pics will come soon.

Im going to stock to occ clowns and a few corals. Maybe look into a shrimp/goby pair when the tanks established

Extremely cloudy at the moment, from siphoning sand in. Done some rockwork with some cable ties and a hack saw. Just waiting for it to clear to see how the aqua scaping looks. Will probably need some slight rearranging as just plonked it in couldnt see a thing.

Attachments

• image-2705318829.jpg
    image-2705318829.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 93
Clearing slowly :)

Attachments

• image-4214559318.jpg
    image-4214559318.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 106
Aquascaping finished (i hope) here is a pic suggestions and advice/criticism welcome =)

Attachments

• image-3162431531.jpg
    image-3162431531.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 109
Are you downgrading and not keeping the 90 gallon anymore? How could you put 45 gallons of water (1/2 of 90) into a 15 gallon tank..and all the rock fits? Are you sure you didn't mean 115 gallons? Confused, but still an awesome set-up! Hope to see the progress.

I ment 50% of the 15 gallons, so put about 7.5 gal from the 90 into the 15. Thats sounds like gibberish hope you get what i ment

Ammonia 2.0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 20ppm

Looks like im having a little cycle so will delay my a bit. Need to pick up a powerhead in the week when got some ££s

Attachments

• image-729179559.jpg
    image-729179559.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 95
Not 100% sure with ammonia tho, guy at the lfs used a freshwater card. He said they basically the same. After googling it ive found they are not.

Cheers. Not sure if im happy with rock like that, might change it into a centre island so detritus doesnt gather

So where do you guys think my ammonia was really at. On the freshwater card it measured between 1.0-2.0

Attachments

• image-1233353430.jpg
    image-1233353430.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 77
That makes more sense :lol: Congrats on it moving along...Doesn't seem like that guy at the lfs knows his facts...I wouldn't really take advice from him as who knows what else he says that's not true...If you're going to change the rock change it now before you get fish..the less you put your hands in there the better your tank will be (chemicals from your skin, stress from moving everything around).

I can't tell what your ammonia would be because the color on the card is much brighter than the one on the sw...do you have a pic of the test in front of the fw card? That would help more...Don't worry too much though, because your tank is still not ready for any fish or corals so try checking the other levels and maybe it will be easier to compare the ammonia. (for instance if you had 8 ppm of ammonia you prob. wouldn't have 160 ppm of nitrate b/c it wouldn't have gotten to that stage yet...)

Nope, guess ill just buy the ammonia and nitrite tests. I bought the master reef kit and never got around to getting the saltwater...

Oh...in the master reef kit the nitrate test tests incorrect; this also happened to someone else..I wouldn't trust it to test your nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom