15 gallon nano reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azure bones

Aquarium Advice Freak
so im setting up my 15 gallon as a nano reef and this is my second one and i have some equipment questions. i have a aquaclear 20 and a aqueon 20 i was just gonna use the ac on this but i was thinking what if i use the aqueon as a normal filter and the ac just full of live rock rubble or maybe macro algea. And will i need a powerhead? if so which one and what size. cost is only a minor issue as i work at lfs and get a amazing discount

I would add 2 powerheads, like maybe 2 240's or 2 425's koralias. Not sure how well the liver rock will work in such a small filter, results might not be noticeable. You can also add a full fledged refugium if you mod an AC70. Theres lots of article on that one on youtube. You can keep macro algae, lr and add a light and youre set. ;-)

Just a thought.

I think you'd be fine with what you planned. Gotta start somewhere. :) lol
I would want the flow to be better though, so keep an eye out for a deal on 2 powerheads. :) You can start with just the one for now. But as you add corals and the such flow will become more important/

Ok that sounds good should be getting it all this weekend we are tearing down a tank at work and I'm kinda hoping I'm just gonna see a mini cycle but we will see what happens

I know right? When I moved my 4g pico to my new 20g it was like so HUGE in there. LOL I also had my pico jam packed with corals so it seems much nicer now. Just need a few more corals.....lol

I'm a fan of gobies and blennies. I would think a clown would be good in there as well. Since you have limited space, maybe 3-4 small fish max.

I would get a clown goby of some type and a possum wrasse. One or two fish at the most for a tank that size.
Nano Fish

but their so small lol. and i work at the lfs and they can go back their and have plentty of friends with big tank for when they start getting big but idk so what about the firefish then?

ok so this tank got postponed but is going up tommorow. hopefully leaving work tomorrow with 15-10 lbs of sand, some live rock probably only 5-10 lbs for now. i think i have everything else oh and i might pick up my powerhead tommorow.

It's set up happy will all but the sand its light and flats and looks bad

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111021_232847.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111021_232847.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 86
  • ForumRunner_20111021_232858.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111021_232858.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20111021_232931.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111021_232931.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 90
I give it, oh, 6 months and the sizes of tanks will be equal :)

Back
Top Bottom