17G tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it said zero. i might have read it wrong. ill do the test again. but any suggestion on how to do this change?

make sure you follow the nitrate instructions, cause they are a little weird and that you shake the second nitrate bottle a few min.

I would personally put the livestock in as soon as you moved the rock. The rock should still be live and now the bacteria is just dieing. Aslong as this is the rock from your 14 then move your livestock in quickly or the bacteria will die. Move all the rock from the 14 to the 17 and it shouldnt have any problems.

as for moving them over, if they have the exact same parameters, you should just be able to move the corals over.

nitrate said 0 once again. im just worry that it might crash as it did with my first tank. it crashed within a week. luckly i didnt have any livestock in it. ill move a bit of my rock with some xenia on it right now and see what happens.

EDIT
Because you didnt have an ammonia source for the rock out of your 14 for a week, the rock is now dead and so, you need to recycle it. That or move ALL the live rock and livestock from your 14 to your 17.

i wanna play it safe though. jsut incase because my livestock isnt cheap haha.

Whats your livestock? Aside, I would recycle the rock or put all the 14's contents in. Otherwise your stuck. W

recycle each rock?? or recycle what i have in it now and transfer everything else when thats done?

Recycle the rock you put into the 17, its dead because you didnt give it ammonia. Either recycle it or add ALL the rock and ALL the livestock from the 14 to the 17. If you dont then you might as well recycle the 17. If you do transfer all the 14 into the 17, just keep a few gallons of water incase of a mini cycle. And grab some of the sand. What is your tanks inhabitants? And equiptment.

so i just checked the water again salt is at 1.026,
nitrate 0
ammonia is at 0.25
nitrite 0
ph 8

i have 2 clowns, a hammer coral, suncoral, white sabae anemone, xenia, and the usually clean up crew, also a snowflake eel, thats about maybe 2 inches long, and a mimic tang thats a bout 2 inches long.
the new tank has a nano, a hang on filter and a 75w heater plus a coralife dual compact light

calgary alberta canada. i know they need a lot of room. its just in my tank untill my friend gets his tank up and running. he said it would be alright for a little bit until hes done.

+1 IMO, you are heading down the road to disaster. The tang and eel will outgrow that tank quickly. Your tank is not mature enough for the anemone either. I suggest that you take the tang, eel, and the nem back to the LFS. Wait a few months and allow your tank to stabilize with the 2 clowns and then, you can maybe add a clown goby or a yellow watchman goby. Take it slow, as I said before, you are heading towards disaster.

ive had the nem in my 14g for at least 5 months and its been great. the tang and eel only been in there for a month

what else should i have in my tank? equipment wise. i got a heater, nano, hang on filter, aqualife light.

Back
Top Bottom