2 -1.5 gallon Reef....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
I Just started my 55 gallon Tank and I forgot have to 1.5 gallon tanks that I use to use for bettas is it possible to convert a a mini nano reef and just use it to host small anemonies

If by small anemonies you mean aiptasia then sure. If you are doing something that small the best thing to put in ther imo is some sexy shrimp.

I think that it would be possible but you have to keep in mind that it would most likely be to small for any fish and you would be limited on what you could put in there. It would be a challenge to keep up with your water chemistry as well. If it were me i would maybe keep that as a QT for small fish or inverts and stick with the 55

I agree with onitweak. for anemones you have to have the really good lighting and temperature and the water movement and it just gets too dang hard for an aquarium of that size.

I know of no anemone that would survive in that small of tank.

The ever popular aiptasia, but I have seen them get pretty big (about the size of a ping pong ball), or majano, but you really don't want either of those...

The ever popular aiptasia, but I have seen them get pretty big (about the size of a ping pong ball), or majano, but you really don't want either of those...

I had some the size of a ping pong ball. It got killed.

Back
Top Bottom