2.5 Gal Nano Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very sorry to hear that! Assuming you mean your actual tank was the only thing that broke, why would you need to buy new LR and sand?

Btw, not sure if there would be any more build up of nitrifying bacteria if you used mature sand, rock, and water. I'd be interested to know the result of testing the built up biofilter just from adding mature components (just adding ammo and testing again in 24hrs.)

Well the sand I used for the tank wasn't live and I was going to use live rock for the cycling process. But now I was thinking it would be easier to use live sand. I'm not trying to rush the process but just making things easier!

Well the sand I used for the tank wasn't live and I was going to use live rock for the cycling process. But now I was thinking it would be easier to use live sand. I'm not trying to rush the process but just making things easier!

Live sand should help, and using all LR is usually much faster to cycle a tank. My best guess is that you will see some sort of mini cycle with optimal live rock, sand, etc. On my 3G, cycle took about 2 weeks with LR, live sand, and new saltwater.

Live sand should help, and using all LR is usually much faster to cycle a tank. My best guess is that you will see some sort of mini cycle with optimal live rock, sand, etc. On my 3G, cycle took about 2 weeks with LR, live sand, and new saltwater.

Okay sweet! I will give more details here within this next couple days. I have to get everything back together!
I'm thinking about keeping this tank at my office now. Add a nice touch to the office.

I got the tank for tank for $15
HOB filter $10
Already had a heater, but if I bought it $12
Along with sand and rock about $20

So everyone! I was able to get ahold of another 2gal tank. I'll be doing updates tomorrow!

So I was able to get the tank set up

No light on.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396904827.182691.jpg

Light on
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396904855.497414.jpg

Current set up is..

HOB filter
60w heater
Wavepoint LED.
2lbs of a sand
3lbs of live rock

Looks clean despite all the equipment on such a small tank, and I love the rimless look. Really like the scape too, with that little island.

Yeah I had to be careful not to crack it taking off the outer black piece. I actually trimmed it so its rimless on the sides and front except back.

I'll be adding more live rock. Just don't know what pieces and I need it to cycle

So I was able to get some live sand from my previous tank and get some in this tank. Ammonia is testing high. No diatoms though. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397765020.272183.jpg

Looks great with that light particularly! Hope the cycle gets going for you...

Back
Top Bottom