2.5 gallon ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marty20

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have ideas for this size tank? I'm experienced but don't really know what I want to do with it so I'm looking for suggestions

I set up a pico tank for my wifey, it's 2.1 gal. Stocked with a pom pom crab, 3 sexy shrimp, a clown goby and assorted corals.

Your idea got me thinking and I think I like the idea of a harlequin shrimp. But I was thinking I could feed them frozen starfish I catch from the ocean. Anyone had any success feeding them frozen food? I'll admit I have done the research for this yet but thought I would ask

I think you should build a tank with dry rock sticking out of the water like this believe it or not its 2.5 gallons

Attachments

• image-3075694042.jpg
    image-3075694042.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 120
2.5 Pico idea

Hello,
I just started one on a restless night using items I have come across in the past. 2.5 glass Marineland tank "petsmart," old Aqua Panel LED light, and a Aqua Clear 70 that's almost bigger than the tank. Popped in 2lbs of live rock from my LFS and a couple Zoa's, a Mushroom, and one Plate Coral. So far so good as long as I clean it up. Weekly water changes and I use a toothbrush and a "Sterile" dish scrubber to clean the glass. Oh, and it is sandless.

Thanks for the posts guys. I haven't even started it yet so no is not cycled but it's the stock 2.5 gallon system focal make so not the most space for the little guy to roam the bottom but I think he would still be fine. That picture looks so good bit I was hoping to use this tank I already have because I'm not looking to spend more than I have to.

Oh you were talking about his tank when you asked if it was cycled. ... Sorry I just woke up lol

As for the cycle I pulled rock from my established 75g and water changes are performed using old water from the 75g. I also do weekly water changes on the 75g. Lot of free time these days.

Back
Top Bottom