2 Gallon Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatoeSc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am experimenting with a 2 gallon desktop nano. The tank is designed perfectly with an area for me to place rubble behind the display. I've pretty well got it all figured out with the glaring exception of heating. What can I use to heat this little tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That little of a tank should be fine with out heat the water will stay at room temp and with the pump and lights it should go up a couple degrees. I would think anyway

I have an 8 gallon tank and I can't use a heater in it. It stays around 75 if I put my heater on it goes up to 85 on the lowest setting

I figured that was the case. I am setting it up in my classroom, though, so have limited control over room temp on weekends and holidays. Hoped a small heater might be useful, but most of them appear to heat to 78+ degrees. I'd like to be at about 73-75.

I get a lot of mixed reviews about reef temps. Some insist on 74 to 75, others 78 to 80. LiveAquaria lists corals at 74-78. Hard to tell which is accurate ?

You can do a 7w heater from EBay that is what my friend uses for her 1.5 Pico and it stays between 75 to 78 never has gone below or over.

iPhone 5s has taking over lol

I found an unused Aqueon 5w in my stash of goodies. I'm going to experiment with it and see how it does.

Back
Top Bottom