2 new SNAILS ):

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KaceFace

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
MY DAD MADE ME GET 2 SNAILS...
hahaha its not that big of a deal.
they are just kinda gross, and creepy.
but they are cleaning my algae problem so i guess thats good.
they look like they are making out with the glass, haha !

uhmm but i was a the aquarium store today and i was looking at nasarius snails, or however you spell it.
they are so gross.
XP
bleh.

i wonder how long it will take these snails to clean my walls and the rocks.

:jump:

:invasion:

i just got 2 snails for my saltwater tank. i wanted to paint them with nail polish. i figured i would put a little bit of salt water at the bottom of a container but let the shell stick out on the top so i could paint them. then let them dry and maybe keep them seperate for a little. idk what do you think? what about my fishies ??

Do not paint them.

Nassarius will tend to bury themselves and feed on uneaten food and detritus, not graze for algae.

i dont have nassarius snails you guys. i never said i did.

Sorry, I did my best. It's a painful read. Regardless of what they are, do not paint them.

I agree. A dedicated aquarist would not do that and then expose it to the rest of the tank. You take a chance of your tank crashing IMO

in comparison, i would think that would be about the same as spraypainting a dog or cat... couldnt be good for them

Very good analogy lmao

painting, colouring any animal would be bad for it........it doesnt matter how 'pretty' it makes it, its not worth risking/facing the consequences.

didn't you already make a thread about painting your snails and you got the same advice about how bad it would be? Anyways I know that petsmart sells hermit crab shells that are colourful so you could try looking there and picking some you like, but do not paint them by yourself if you like your tank and fish.

I guess its been a while since you made the original post, so I'm curious what you ended up doing, if nothingL
I'm new to the whole SW thing, but I have seen some nice looking snails, maybe called a bumble bee snail. I'm guessing you're Dad made you get them because of an algae problem. Can you return them or give them to another SW friend and get some "pretty" natural ones.

Back
Top Bottom