20 gal invertebrate tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john_franzwa

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I need a lot of help wit this I'm very new to saltwater and was wondering about it

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have a lot of experience with freshwater invertebrates

You could do a pistol shrimp and then get some kind of watchman goby. They will form a little acquaintance and dig a burrow where they will both live.

For a starfish your options are very limited. A chocolate chip starfish would work but it would eat all of the other invertebrates and coral in the tank. Asterina starfish would also work but can have weird shapes and are really tiny. Also breeds very rapidly. A brittle starfish would work, but some people find them creepy and they don't move like other starfish. A brittle star would probably be your best bet and they help clean the sand too!

Then you could do hermit crabs and snails and just have a little invertebrate community!

You could do a pistol shrimp and then get some kind of watchman goby. They will form a little acquaintance and dig a burrow where they will both live.

For a starfish your options are very limited. A chocolate chip starfish would work but it would eat all of the other invertebrates and coral in the tank. Asterina starfish would also work but can have weird shapes and are really tiny. Also breeds very rapidly. A brittle starfish would work, but some people find them creepy and they don't move like other starfish. A brittle star would probably be your best bet and they help clean the sand too!

Then you could do hermit crabs and snails and just have a little invertebrate community!

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom