20 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would adding chaeto fix the phosphate issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You realize you'll probably have to re cycle the tank if there is nothing to feed the bb for 3 months

I'm going to run silversides in my sump and get someone to change the carcasses out biweekly while I'm gone.

Hopefully does anyone have an online store they recommend for coral? The cheapest mushrooms I can find are 50-60 dollars a head.

Pacificeastaquaculture is wonderful. I visit them a lot and there facility is great. I've ordered from marinedepot and liveaquaria with great success. Bluezooaquatics I hear is nice as well.

I managed to get my hands on some chaeto algae but I have one problem. My refugium light bleeds into my display at night because it's directly behind the display. I tried wrapping aluminum foil around the dome light but it still bleeds through. Anyone have a possible solution?

I managed to get my hands on some chaeto algae but I have one problem. My refugium light bleeds into my display at night because it's directly behind the display. I tried wrapping aluminum foil around the dome light but it still bleeds through. Anyone have a possible solution?

Is the back of the display painted?

Yes

Is the back of the display painted?

I figured it out I hung a 21 watt led par 38 bulb with 60 degree lenses so no more spill over. My only concern. Is would a 21 watt led be to much light for a refugium? The par is 110 at the surface of the refugium.

Went and got some snails today. These things are freaking massive

So I ran out of patience with the fish and coral and bought a 1" clown fish and a small green star polyp :-(

Pic of the star polyp and the clown

Some mushrooms I bought a week ago

It's been awhile since I've posted so I thought I'd give an update. I bought another clownfish a couple days ago and some zoas today

New zoanthids. I'm not entirely sure what they are.

Those green star polyps will take over. You may want to isolate them onto a separate rock. I did and it's quite neat looking. Very nice build btw!

Those green star polyps will take over. You may want to isolate them onto a separate rock. I did and it's quite neat looking. Very nice build btw!

Yea it's ti late now they're glued down. I'll have to take a scalpel to them when they start growing where I don't want them.

They sold this to me as frogspawn but pretty sure it's a hammer. Either way here's my new addition to the tank

Back
Top Bottom