20 Gallon Long Start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
try granules dump them in by the power head , they look like there swimming they'll hit on them fast , or try giving them a variety of different foods , fish get bored too eating the same thing day after day ,

Mysis shrimp is the way to go for them. That's what I feed mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine literally eat everything...freaking pigs

I was moving a zoa frag around and saw this... Anyone no what it is? Does it need to go? It looks like the dreaded apistia but I can't be for sure ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407508459.223820.jpg
It's the thing on the right hanging out if the frag.

Any ideas on how to take care of it? Can I pry/pull it out? Some people say lemon juice injection or bleach?

Can you pull the frag out and just scrub the nem off?

If you can pull the frag out you can kill it with fire! If not you can boil up some lemon juice and then inject it directly into the nems mouth. Personally I have never had any luck with lemon juice, joes juice, or aptasia x. I have had luck with peppermint shrimp, only the ones with a dark tail though, and file fish will make quick work of an aptasia outbreak. File fish will eat all of your coral polyps as well though

Sent from the Death Star

It's on a frag plug with some zoas on it... I would imagine that the zoas won't like the heat either...

aptasiaX works well , white vinegar , lemon juice , lighter , even used crazy glue on them once

I used venager on some in my tank about a week ago and haven't seen them since

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Came back from a weekend camping trip and it looks like the clowns have ich... I guess we all know what I'll be doing this week..

But turned on the lights this morning and the spots are gone...

Could an overdue water change cause ich-like spots or did the parasite move life stages, as the water was slightly warmer?

High nitrates can be a reason a fish is stressed, but not cause ich. More stressed a fish the more likely disease and parasites have to settle in.

So maybe the water change brought their bodies back up to fight shape... I think I'll still dose the tank though..

Don't dose copper meds into the display. It'll stay in the sand and rock and leach out, preventing you from ever keeping inverts of any kind.

Inverts AND corals.. I'm going with Ich Cure.. I don't believe there's copper in it.. it's all natural

Back
Top Bottom