20g Long Light Research

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hatterz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just purchased my tank looking at getting back into the hobby after a few years off. Need advise on lightning. 20g long has the 30" top and there seem to be 100 threads on Google but I never felt confident with anything others found. Right now after digging around on amazon I found a Marineland reef capable 24-36 inch led hood. Will this be enough for corals I don't see why it wouldn't but I want to be sure when I spend the money I get the right stuff. Thanks in advanced I'm sure the noob questions get old after awhile but it's much appreciated.

Timer Marineland Reef Capable LED Lighting System 24-36"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The top is 30" across. The depth is no different then a regular 10g

The lights RM linked are WAY better and cheaper then anything marineland has to offer.
Just checkout the features on the light he linked to the marineland specs for yourself.

So would just need a way to mount or hang them.

I'm in agreement with using a tao unit. I'd suggest one that dims so you can turn the power way down. The marineland units...ugh. My LFS tries to use one to keep coral and you get to watch them fade away.

How high you can hang them is key IMO!
You could definatley do your whole tank with 1 of the 165w if you can hang it enough to get the spread.
Or maybe pull the optics and keep it low and on low.
The marinelands are smoke IMO and *(owning an older one) would never buy a marineland light again.
They don't offer any control like dimming.
Some are ok with them but not me.

How high you can hang them is key IMO!
You could definatley do your whole tank with 1 of the 165w if you can hang it enough to get the spread.
Or maybe pull the optics and keep it low and on low.
The marinelands are smoke IMO and *(owning an older one) would never buy a marineland light again.
They don't offer any control like dimming.
Some are ok with them but not me.

How high are we talking? Couple feet?

Back
Top Bottom