20g Reef Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lagger

Aquarium Advice Activist
I picked up my first corals over the weekend. Thought I'd share in the joy that is corals :D I also plan on picking up a cnady cane over the weekend! woowoo! :p

Attachments

• web1_150.jpg
    web1_150.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 30
  • web4_537.jpg
    web4_537.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 25
  • web5_128.jpg
    web5_128.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 30
  • web6_207.jpg
    web6_207.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 27
  • web2_139.jpg
    web2_139.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 57
Thank you thank you. I'll be posting some pics of the Candy Cane as soon as I get it. They have some nice frags over at the only place to buy corals, Jeffs Exotic Fish.

I am Hooked! I'm like Dave Chapelle asking for the 5 O'Clock free crack giveaway! haha :lol:

If corals weren't so damn expensive! 8O I need to find a friend with a reef who can hook me up with some frags.

Tank is looking really nice. Excellent photo skills as well with composition, focus and lighting. Looking forward to seeing the Candy Cane :D

Tank looks great! Makes me want to convert my 155g to reef ASAP! As with the rest of the members, lloking forward to seeing the Candy Cane.

Nice camera work! Love those mushrooms, and it looks like that toadstool is going to just explode in your tank.

cool

nice pics, i like the rock layout.

I have been to jeffs exotic fish once, i didnt like it. I go to a place in fountain valley, its called "Pacific Reef" that (i think) has better coral and prices. lots of fish too.

www.pacificreefstores.com

Hey guys, More Pics! I picked up the Candy Cane over the weekend. Overall I like it. Short sweepers, nice shape. It doesn't have much of that blue ting color I was hoping for. But oh wells......A few polyps on the bottom seem like they're not getting enough light so I'm thinking about fragging them. (It'll be my first time!) I do have one concern, and I'm hoping it's not Aipstasia(sp). But there seems to be a tiny little 3-4 fingered brown sprout growing off the candy's branch. I'll be keeping an eye on it :wink:

Dscount: No, it's not one rock. It's about 7-10 different peices of rock stacked together.

Reefmaster: I've been there before, I think it might have been when they first opened. Brookhurst & Garfield rght? Maybe I'll check it out now they have a better selection. I just buy my coral at Jeff's. I get my fish from Tong's.

Otherwise, my other corals seem to really be sprouting. And it's only been a week! (Knock on wood). Anyways, on with the pics!

Attachments

• new6_201.jpg
    new6_201.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 34
  • new2_204.jpg
    new2_204.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 20
  • new1_445.jpg
    new1_445.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 6
  • new3_145.jpg
    new3_145.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 16
ellisz said:
That is the same candy cane I have. It is not as common in my area.

Nice pics.

I believe it's the Caulastrea curvata. I haven't seen many in my area either, however, I've seen the same species in an established aquarium that look beautiful!

Thanks for the compliments! :D

Back
Top Bottom