20L Mixed Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reef_N_Reptile

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok guys I recently bought a nuvo fusion 20L to make a nano reef. It's been cycled for about 2-3 weeks. I'll list what I have so far to get everyone up to speed. 23lbs live rock and 20lbs of sand

Equipment:
-18w led lights it came with (upgrading soon, possibly to radions)
-IM desktop size ghost skimmer
-heater
-vortech mp10
-tunze osmolator ATO

Fish:
- (1) black ice ocellaris clown
- (1) yasha goby with tiger pistol shrimp

Coral:
- acan
- a few zoanthids
- torch
- goniopora
- moon coral

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418790832.640616.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418790901.123824.jpg
I'll try to get a better picture of the whole tank soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do you know what kinds of lights those are? If they fit the bill, there might not be a need to upgrade them...though I personally think Radions are fantastic.

They are the innovative marine lights it came with, I think they call them the skyye lights. They are doing ok right now but I don't have any corals that need strong lights yet. I'd like to put some sps in this tank eventually. Plus when I upgrade I can use these lights to grow plants in the custom vivariums for geckos that I made

Thank you! I actually got that clown pretty cheap, I was surprised

Woke up and saw these all over the glass today. Copepods I'm guessing?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418924618.966138.jpg

I want to get some new media baskets, don't like how these ones are only half the size of the chamber. I know Intank baskets are nice but a little pricey. Any cheaper suggestions? Or an easy way to make my own

Ok new addition tonight, and last fish for the tank = midas blenny. Pics later

Midas blenny is impossible to get a good picture of. Not having any luck today
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419118990.726435.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419119002.789171.jpg

Once I get my media baskets I'm thinking filter floss in the top, purigen in middle, and chemi pure blue on bottom. Does this sound about right? Any suggestions?

Not much new lately but I did pick up some new acans the other day ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420430711.012517.jpg

Back
Top Bottom