24 gallon jbj led nano.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcs401

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just recently purchased a nano cube and I'm wondering if it's necessary to have a protein skimmer or UV sterilizer. If so where can I find decent ones for decent prices and good quality

With regular water changes, neither is required for a nano...... With that being said, I do run a skimmer in my 28, just because I can. IMO, when you get into SPS, every little bit helps.....

I agree. Weekly water changes and save your money for corals etc... I run neither on my BC29 and haven't had any issues almost 2 years now.

So how soon would you do a water change on a 15 gal. tank with live rock and 2 starter fish, 5 crabs, 5 snails. How much water should I take out on the first change? Also what about the temperature difference in the water I'm putting in? The water changes are always done with saltwater or RO water? The tank has been running for 24 days now. Thanks for the help.

So how soon would you do a water change on a 15 gal. tank with live rock and 2 starter fish, 5 crabs, 5 snails. How much water should I take out on the first change? Also what about the temperature difference in the water I'm putting in? The water changes are always done with saltwater or RO water? The tank has been running for 24 days now. Thanks for the help.

RO water or distilled water is fine IMO. Weekly water changes. 15 gallon tank I'd do 3-5 gallons weekly.

When you mix, you should have a 5 gallon bucket, heater and power head. Mix it up, turn heater and power head on. I use a digital thermometer to temp match the bucket to my display tank. Power head will mix up the salt and also aerate the water to help with pH.

I don't mix , I will just buy it at a LFS; its only 25 cents a gallon on Wednesday's. But how soon should I do my first water change?

Don't know what my parameters are since I don't have a test kit. The LFS is 5 minutes away and they test it for free. I had it tested 4 days ago and the guy at the lfs said it was fine. I haven't had any fish or creatures die so I guess I'm doing good.

Don't know what my parameters are since I don't have a test kit. The LFS is 5 minutes away and they test it for free. I had it tested 4 days ago and the guy at the lfs said it was fine. I haven't had any fish or creatures die so I guess I'm doing good.

I'd get your own kit but in the mean time have them test it again and have them write the numbers down. It would help us and you a lot to know exactly what's going on in there.

Back
Top Bottom