24 gallon tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boolay1978 said:
I'll let you know if my shop can get them

Hi mate I been doing some research and them adapters for the pipes actually reduce the flow into the tank do most ppl keep them off anyway!? Just thought I'd let u know

Has anyone got any experience with a Green Mandarin fish at all? Just found them and they only get about 8cm and are reef friendly apparently, amazing looking fish!! They ok in nano's? might get one of them instead of a royal gramma

M1cky69 said:
Has anyone got any experience with a Green Mandarin fish at all? Just found them and they only get about 8cm and are reef friendly apparently, amazing looking fish!! They ok in nano's? might get one of them instead of a royal gramma

Almost impossible to feed. The need live Copepods and can eat a $15 bag within 3 days. If you wanted one, add 3 bags or 6,000 Copepods and let them breed for 3-5 months in a 10g

awww thats such a shame, dont want to entertain it if its a pain to feed. is there any other beautiful overlooked fish you can keep in a 24g nano!?

Getting the itch to setup a 100-200g tank for a lionfish now :s i got the bug arghhh lol

M1cky69 said:
awww thats such a shame, dont want to entertain it if its a pain to feed. is there any other beautiful overlooked fish you can keep in a 24g nano!?

Getting the itch to setup a 100-200g tank for a lionfish now :s i got the bug arghhh lol

Bro, orange striped prawn goby/pistol shrimp pair. Its sweet, its goin in my 30 :)

Bro, orange striped prawn goby/pistol shrimp pair. Its sweet, its goin in my 30 :)

wow that goby is actually really nice, never really thought of gobies as most are, in my eyes, rather plain and boring. I love striking fish and that goby does look nice. Now to try find some at my lfs. if my lfs stocks tmc fish couldnt i just put an order in for their next batch ya think??

the "candy" pistol shrimp is particulary nice too! keep the ideas coming. Deffo gonna have to break into the bank for another tank i think!

Well According to my local fish shop I'm cycled already, my levels are as this

image-3365184841.jpg

Everything is 0 ppm apart from nitrate which looks about 2.5 to me which I read is acceptable!

Water is 1.025 salinity which is good so they told me I'm ready for a clean up crew!

image-3625551599.jpg

I have currently got 6 snails, 2 blue leg hermit and 2 red leg hermits all acclimatising as we speak.

Thank you! Just the waiting game to introduce fish now, gotta make sure the parameters stay level now the CUC has been added. I'm sure one of the turbo snails has got a baby starfish on it too, just hoping its not a sand sifting one eh!

CUC in the tank now and doing good!

image-2077028334.jpg

Also attached to one of the turbo snails was a small starfish it looks like

image-3505310928.jpg

Sorry for crap pic but it's so tiny that's the best I can do! It's green that's all I can see and looks like its had a leg nibbled!

image-16582813.jpg

Just ordered some various hermit crab shells as I don't want no scrapping for shells. All munching on the rocks well.

Question.

When could I introduce a brittle starfish and/or a cleaner shrimp

My LFS said to wait a few months for levels to settle before adding cleaner shrimp as they are very sensitive.

So 2 weeks on and tank levels are still steady, could I introduce a starfish or fish yet ya reakon?

Back
Top Bottom