27 gallon marineland cube reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylecva

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey I'm fixing to set up a 27 gallon cube. This isn't my first reef tank. So far I'm considering, as far as fish go, a pair of Picasso ocellaris clowns, a helfrichi firefish, and a green mandarin goby. I'm going to have a 5 gallon HOB refugium, uv sterilizer, and a HOB filter. We have 30 pounds of live rock, and 25-30 pounds of live sand. I plan on waiting 6 months or so before the mandarin, while I'm waiting though I'm planning on dosing the aquarium and refugium with Copepods every month to build up a nice colony of them and I plan on dosing when necessary to make sure he has enough to eat. Would yall recommend any other fish or does that sound good? Any and all feed back is welcome :)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also the refugium is going to have cheato and live rock in it or would yall do something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would skip the uv or set it up so it is NOT in the return line.
Stocking sounds good I have kept all before(still have 1 Picasso and 3 mandarins).
Look to see if tank raised or captive bred mandarins are available in your area.
They are each different but worth looking into.
I like the sump and HOB idea!
What are your thoughts on light(do plan on any photo synthetic life?) ?

With a 29g u really don't need an UV, unless u want those hob UV thing.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom