29 bio-cube HQI build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amitas

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just purchased a new biocube HQI, very happy with the way the tank is designed however defiantly would like to make some upgrades.

I will post some pictures as the tank comes along, and would really appreciate any I put on stocking, upgrades, problems with bio cubes that you haven't resolved yet, or really anything for that matter.

Aquariums are ecosystems we are privileged to own, and should be treated with the full level of care we can supply

Grats on the new tank! I had a biocube and really really loved it! I regret selling mine and will hopefully have another one some day soon.

The best mod I did and would say is needed is to add an intank media basket. Makes maintenance a breeze. :) Look up intank.com I think it is, they also have a bunch of other things you can upgrade including the return pump.

Thanks will do, did you every have any problems with parameters?

My biocube was always pretty good, but I used to waaaay overfeed as I had a mandarin in the tank. But the intank basket made keeping things easier. I ran filter floss on the top for particulate matter and changed it every few days. I also ran chemipure elite in the rack, this helped control phosphates as it has gfo in it. And finally I had purigen in there as well, this kept the water crystal clear all the time. Both medias I would change out every 4 months or so, it says its good for 6 months but I found 4 to be the magic month. :)
Also, when you do water changes, be sure to rinse the bags of media in old tank water to removed any gunk on them. I had high nitrates for awhile until I figured out they were lingering on the media bags. lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407815890.737648.jpg
Adding the live rock this weekend and filling so I can start cycling.

I'm actually looking at getting a media reactor to go within in the stand, most likely an FMC-415.
To run seagel

And then might create a biological reactor system.

Tank is getting filled today so we will see how it all goes,

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it, I had the live rock formations, and my bio filtration in a cycle tank for 5 months now, so it should be good in just a couple days. However full water test will be done.

Trying to decide what corals to get first any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom