29 biocube Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since october heres the casualty list Note this isnt all in there at once this reflects rotation

KIA
1 chromis
3 peppermints
1 cleaner shrimp
1 six line wrasse
1 bubble anemome (had to do it)

MIA (vincent is prime suspect)

1 Hector goby
1 Watchman goby

I don't know if stress had anything to do with the starry blenny getting aggressive or not but I do know in a small tank big bad things happen fast. With stock list I see several things I wouldn't put together because of possible aggression but that is just me being cautious.

ReefChief said:
What fish do you have in your tank?

I have 2 mated false percula clowns(coral and marlin) and a yellow clown goby named minion. Had a yellow head jawfish at time of relied post but he died.. He got beaten up a bit by a stressed out Naso Tang at LFS and just didn't make it : ( . Just goes to show how stress turns very peaceful fish into psycho, aggressive fish! Also have 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 pom-pom crab and a Red Fromia Starfish. Thinking about adding a six line wrasse this weekend. Originally they didn't impress me until one of my friends got one and now ive grown to like them. I key more on personality than looks and they do have a cool personality. They seem peaceful and I need more of that in my tank. Those clowns add a lot of animosity and I'm gonna have to put them in my empty 10 gal for a couple days when I add the six line so they don't kill it. Advice is: add all other fish BEFORE clowns. I didn't have much choice in my case....

Not to beat a dead horse here, but that's a lot of fish for a little tank! I neither have nor intend to have that many in my 45 gallon!
Also, sand sifting starfish tend to starve in small tanks. And when it starves, it won't tell you, or give any signals. It will simply hide in the sand and die. You'll have a huge ammonia spike and no clue why. You should consider returning the starfish. They really need bigger, more established tanks.

Back
Top Bottom