29 gallon biocube let's go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbenefield13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I recently acquired a biocube hqi from a buddy of mine. He gave me a good deal so gave it a good home. Recently acquired about 50 pounds of live rock from another buddy for another great price. I need some help for future stocking however. Any ideas would be awesome. Btw first pic is after live sand and rock were added. More updates soon.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395463154.193260.jpg

First thing I would put in the tank is an ammonia source, either raw shrimp in some pantyhose or a media bag, or pure ammonia.

I have a 20g and I'm stocking it with;

Clownfish Pair
Possibly a clown goby or a wrasse
Peppermint Shrimp
Cleaner Shrimp
Emerald Crab
Hermits
Snails
An anemone after the tank is more mature
and some miscellaneous soft corals and LPS

You have more options and I'd recommend checking out liveaquaria.com to look over their fish profiles and compatibility chart. If you don't want inverts and want something more exotic you could do a Valentini puffer or even an angler for a small predator tank, but you may have to remove some of that live rock to add swimming room. With the angler you can still do coral safely but they will both more than likely eat any crustaceans or inverts you put in the tank unless you're feeding twice a day.

Good luck.

Yeah, that's a lot of rock, but the more the merrier.

For stocking look at live aquaria, they are pretty close to spot on when it comes to tank sizes.

I'm following along, so update often!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395771852.786538.jpg update: system cleared overnight just haven't gotten around to update it. The parameters are already stable due to the fact all of the stuff was in established tanks before. Still haven't added anything just a quick update
Nitrate:0
Nitrite:0
Ammonia:0
Ph:8.4
Salinity: 1.024

Dose it up to 1-2 ppm ammonia and if it goes to nitrate in 24 hours your good, if not re cycle the tank

Yeah I forgot to post I put a block of krill in the tank. I had a small spike but it went down quickly. This rock is very porous and the tank has natural filtration with rubble rock, a skimmer, filter floss, activated carbon, and chemi pure elite.

Not the little cubes either, the big pieces of krill. Probably the equivalent of 3 full shrimp

Back
Top Bottom