29 or 14 corralife biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well the question that started this was can you keep a angel in a 29 gallon and the answer if by keeping a angel means keeping it alive and thriving in a 29 biocube then yes it can and has been done its all over YouTube and by personal experience

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well the question that started this was can you keep a angel in a 29 gallon and the answer if by keeping a angel means keeping it alive and thriving in a 29 biocube then yes it can and has been done its all over YouTube and by personal experience

So by that logic you should be able to put a hippo tang in there too? Because I've seen lots of you tube videos where people have them in aio cubes. Keeping an animal alive and thriving are 2 different things. I've had a flame in a 20 long before and the thing was a terror in there, couldn't keep any other fish with it. Same fish was transferred to my 40b and it's a model citizen, and I directly equate this to tank size/available territory and swimming space. An aio cube with a little over 20 gallons in the display just isn't enough room IME.

So by that logic you should be able to put a hippo tang in there too? Because I've seen lots of you tube videos where people have them in aio cubes. Keeping an animal alive and thriving are 2 different things. I've had a flame in a 20 long before and the thing was a terror in there, couldn't keep any other fish with it. Same fish was transferred to my 40b and it's a model citizen, and I directly equate this to tank size/available territory and swimming space. An aio cube with a little over 20 gallons in the display just isn't enough room IME.
I find this true but the only other fish will be a pair of clowns so it will have The tank to itself (almost):huh:

That's in your experience there's no fact to what your saying. You can't tell him you can't have a flame angel it won't work when its worked for other people. Just cause your opinion is it shouldn't be in there doesn't mean it has to be other peoples opinions. Your entitled to think what you want but don't tell someone they can't do it when its been done by many people. I say if you can keep the flame angel alive and well then go for it. I'm not arguing back and fourth with you based on opinions there's no law that says don't do it and its been done by many people. My advice to this thread is that I've had angels in biocubes with a lot of success but there's many opinions on it my LFS who deals with fish daily said it should be fine many do it so I did. But then others say you shouldn't not can't cause its been done. So its up to you. There's certain topics with different opinions and people have had different results listen to them all do research and ask your LFS and from that make your own choice. I hate arguing but my main point is get as much info as you can and different t opinions and do what you think is best this hobby can be a gamble buying a angel is a gamble. But its u fair to tell you it can't be done

Everything is people's opinion. Your opinion isn't fact either. There are plenty of stories of angels not working out in small tanks for them working. You can't just say someone else's wrong, that's not how it workS. Also, I don't trust any lfs, I've been told everything from I should get a small yellow tang for my 20 to that royal gramma will murder all your fish. Big red was offering one side of the coin and you the other. I tend to take the belief that gambling with living creatures is wrong but that's my opinion so like you said it's the ops choice if they want one or not.

My opinion is you can do it because its been done that is a fact. There's 100s of biocube videos online with flame angels. Yeah a tang shouldn't go in one and you might find a few people with them in them but there recommended tank size is like 75 up a flame angel I think is like 40 that's a 11 gallon difference, he was saying you can't do it but I said you can what I said is a fact considering its been done. I don't wanna argue its just unfair to me to tell someone they can't do something cause your opinion that it should be in a bigger tank because if its been done that means you can do it. So the fact is you can do it cause its been done the opinion from a few people is you shouldn't I'm sure if you started a thread for just this topic you would get all kinds of opinions. But the fact is if its been done how can you tell someone they can't do it?

I'm not gonna sit and argue. The op can make his decision. Just because something can be done doesn't mean it always should be done. One last point, it's not the 11 gallons that is the difference is the 16" in swimming length that is the difference

I'm not gonna sit and argue. The op can make his decision. Just because something can be done doesn't mean it always should be done. One last point, it's not the 11 gallons that is the difference is the 16" in swimming length that is the difference
nicely said

Well if it shpukdnt be done like your saying why does oceanic biocube sell there cube in a box with a display of a biocube and in that biocube theres flame angel?

Attachments

• 1398878553967.jpg
    1398878553967.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 54
Because they're a company, selling a product lol. They also have like 10 fish and a yellow tang in there. Guess if oceanic shows it's fine, then I can do it.

The original question was would it be good for a flame angel that's an opinion considering your saying no but there's 100s of people on YouTube who's opinion obviously is you can do it and have and have had angels who live long and healthy. Search flame angel on the nano section here you'll find tanks with them on here. You saying you shouldn't do it is just a opinion, its a fact that I've kept a angel in my cube two separate occasions and they've thrived. Its a fact others have to. You can talk about the stories about them dying in cubes but theres stories I bet I can find on here that talk about them dying in bigger tanks.

Your saying you can do it is an opinion too. I'm done. This is pointless, we are arguing opinions and your supporting argument is YouTube. Like I said I've put the reasons the op shouldn't get one on the table. If he gets one that's fine, it's his tank after all an I can't stop him. But you telling me I have no right to my opinion is completely wrong. Oh an please read my comment on why oceanic marketing their tank with a flame isn't reason to get one either.

Your opinion I think is wrong considering I have a very healthy angelfish in my cube. But whatever that's besides the point when it comes to angelfish its a debate but you shouldn't give a person your bias opinion and say you can't do it. You should've said I wouldn't recommend it I think they should be in bigger tanks but many have put them in cubes and they've thrived which is true

Many people have also put them in cubes and it turned into a disaster. Both are true. You're right I should've said that but though my past couple messages I think I've made the message more clear that I wouldn't do it and disagree with it being done. Not that it can't be done. Can it be done, sure. Should it be done, IMO no. Better?

Your opinion I think is wrong considering I have a very healthy angelfish in my cube. But whatever that's besides the point when it comes to angelfish its a debate but you shouldn't give a person your bias opinion and say you can't do it. You should've said I wouldn't recommend it I think they should be in bigger tanks but many have put them in cubes and they've thrived which is true

How are you going to tell some one there opinion is wrong? Especially when you whole argument is backed up by YouTube, advice from your lfs ( most will say anything to make a sale), and because there's a picture on the box? As bribo said there's also a yellow tang on their, but you agree a tang doesn't belong because you said so earlier. And if you read back neither bribo or I said you can't put an angel in the tank, all we said was that they shouldn't, especially by a new aquarist (this is an assumption, and I apologize Shante if it is incorrect)

How are you going to tell some one there opinion is wrong? Especially when you whole argument is backed up by YouTube, advice from your lfs ( most will say anything to make a sale), and because there's a picture on the box? As bribo said there's also a yellow tang on their, but you agree a tang doesn't belong because you said so earlier. And if you read back neither bribo or I said you can't put an angel in the tank, all we said was that they shouldn't, especially by a new aquarist (this is an assumption, and I apologize Shante if it is incorrect)

I did say can't 0.o lol. But I think I've clarified that in the past couple posts. Actually every post after the one where I said can't has been me saying I don't agree it should be done.

Lets just put it behind us and let the op make their choice. If you get the 2 clowns and angel I definitely wouldn't get anymore fish.

I would say either angel or clowns ( if dead set on the angel), 3 aggressive fish in an undersized tank could lead to problems.

Back
Top Bottom