29 or 14 corralife biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How are you going to tell some one there opinion is wrong? Especially when you whole argument is backed up by YouTube, advice from your lfs ( most will say anything to make a sale), and because there's a picture on the box? As bribo said there's also a yellow tang on their, but you agree a tang doesn't belong because you said so earlier. And if you read back neither bribo or I said you can't put an angel in the tank, all we said was that they shouldn't, especially by a new aquarist (this is an assumption, and I apologize Shante if it is incorrect)

My opinions just YouTube ? How about my personal experience? Have you kept a angel in a cube? I have. And it's been fine so I think personal experience might play a factor

I've had a flame in a 20 long before and the thing was a terror in there, couldn't keep any other fish with it. Same fish was transferred to my 40b and it's a model citizen, and I directly equate this to tank size/available territory and swimming space. An aio cube with a little over 20 gallons in the display just isn't enough room IME.

I'd say 4 years with the same fish counts as personal experience

What's your info that is shouldn't be done come from? Mine came from me looking it up online seeing it done on YouTube people from here have them in there tanks my lfs info as well as the biocube is advertised with a flame angel in a lot of there advertisement photos then I put it in my tank so what I'm telling him is coming from personal experience that's a pretty good source what's your source?

The FACT that I have owned the same flame angel for 4 years now is my opinion? I'm not sure you know what opinion means......

What's your info that is shouldn't be done come from? Mine came from me looking it up online seeing it done on YouTube people from here have them in there tanks my lfs info as well as the biocube is advertised with a flame angel in a lot of there advertisement photos then I put it in my tank so what I'm telling him is coming from personal experience that's a pretty good source what's your source?

And my opinions come from my 7 years of reef keeping experience, both the mistakes and the successes

The FACT that I have owned the same flame angel for 4 years now is my opinion? I'm not sure you know what opinion means......

I thought you were saying that since I not owned mine for a year wasn't counting as personal experience but I see what your saying but there could be a middle to all of this get a small one and trade him in down the road when it gets to a mature enough size that you feel your tank isn't appropriate for it at that size.

I personally think it depends on the gender aggressiveness age etc of the fish I think this has Been more of a arguing thread than anything else I will make my decision based on facts with help from people on this thread + my VERY trusted LFS

This thread is either gonna be cleaned up with posts deleted or the whole thread closed so calm it down guys.

An opinion is based on an individuals experience as well as information they have obtained which lets them form their "opinion". Both sides of this argument as well as any post in this forum is based on a posters "opinion".

Now, back to the op's question. Me, personally, I would not chance the angel in such a small tank. Thats my opinion and what I would do, me personally, if it were my tank.
I have had a biocube for several years and kept it quite overstocked according to popular "opinion" but it worked for me. BUT I did not risk the life of any fish in my overstocking, it was just more work for ME! LOL I even went on to successfully keep a mandarin in the tank for several years, which is alsio advised against by popular opinion. Would I do it again? Nope, it was not worth the risk to the fish but i did it anyways. An angel needs more room to swim and to thrive, not just "live". And thats my opinion, take it for what its worth. lol

This thread is either gonna be cleaned up with posts deleted or the whole thread closed so calm it down guys.

An opinion is based on an individuals experience as well as information they have obtained which lets them form their "opinion". Both sides of this argument as well as any post in this forum is based on a posters "opinion".

Now, back to the op's question. Me, personally, I would not chance the angel in such a small tank. Thats my opinion and what I would do, me personally, if it were my tank.
I have had a biocube for several years and kept it quite overstocked according to popular "opinion" but it worked for me. BUT I did not risk the life of any fish in my overstocking, it was just more work for ME! LOL I even went on to successfully keep a mandarin in the tank for several years, which is alsio advised against by popular opinion. Would I do it again? Nope, it was not worth the risk to the fish but i did it anyways. An angel needs more room to swim and to thrive, not just "live". And thats my opinion, take it for what its worth. lol

I liked the way you put it

Lol basically what Carey has in that last 2 sentences is what I was trying to say earlier it just came out as an absolute instead of stating it as my opinion. I did however think I clarified that as we went along.

Yep, gobies are perfectly suited for biocubes, wellmost of them. i have a goby that is about 5 inches at least but he doesnt swim just perches. lol Blennies too usually, depends on the blenny I'd say.

Yep, gobies are perfectly suited for biocubes, wellmost of them. i have a goby that is about 5 inches at least but he doesnt swim just perches. lol Blennies too usually, depends on the blenny I'd say.

watchmen goby+ pistol shrimp =COOL
:thanks:

Most things in this hobby are opinion-based. That being said, Liveaquaria tends to be a good resource for minimum tank sizes. Their minimum for a flame angel is 70 gallons. I think 3-4 feet is optimal.

I personally would not put any dwarf angel (even the smaller cherub) in a biocube, even if it was the only fish. Yes, we may all be a little hypocritical by keeping fish in aquariums, but more room is always better.

OP: check out the nano fish section on live aquaria for some ideas of good fish for your tank.

Back
Top Bottom