29g Biocube Over Heating Issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your sand looks amazingly white I'm finding it really hard keeping mine clean

Jems said:
Never mind I just saw your video. Nice!

lol. Thanks. I just took the video w/my iPhone. I need to charge up my camera and see if it takes a better video.
Since I put the rocks in the middle of the tank I've got nice circulation going all the way around. I've got a lil dead spot on the sand underneath the output nozzle and inside the cave, but it's not too bad. Nothing a lil weekly water change can't cure. It also helps that I upgraded the pump.

Boolay1978 said:
Your sand looks amazingly white I'm finding it really hard keeping mine clean

I do weekly water changes, but everything else is credited to my sea cucumber, sand sifting starfish and my fighting conch. I left enough room so they can get all the way around my tank.

Jems said:
This is what mine looks like.

What's in the first chamber? Also, I see you have a protein skimmer in the second chamber...what's next to it? What protein skimmer do you use?

I have two outlets top and bottom of the tank then a power head, is that what you have?

Boolay1978 said:
I have two outlets top and bottom of the tank then a power head, is that what you have?

I have the same tank you do. I just don't have an extra power head in there. I have found that with upgrading my pump and having my rocks in the center of the tank I have a really good circular flow. I only have a small dead spot on the sand underneath the output nozzle and a lil bit in the cave. But my weekly water changes help with that.

shelby2185 said:
I have the same tank you do. I just don't have an extra power head in there. I have found that with upgrading my pump and having my rocks in the center of the tank I have a really good circular flow. I only have a small dead spot on the sand underneath the output nozzle and a lil bit in the cave. But my weekly water changes help with that.

Oh wait, do you have a bio cube or something else? Either way, they are all essentially the same.

Boolay1978 said:
Oh ok, do you have a skimmer? Maybe I'll
Upgrade my main pump then

No protein skimmer yet. How often are you doing your water changes and how much are changing? What kind of water are you using? Are you having a problem w/diatoms or just detritus accumulating on the sand bed?

shelby2185 said:
No protein skimmer yet. How often are you doing your water changes and how much are changing? What kind of water are you using? Are you having a problem w/diatoms or just detritus accumulating on the sand bed?

Water changes every week to week and a half. Using RO water with minerals in. Normally changing about 15-20% think it's diatoms but when I touch the sand alot of waste comes in to the water.

In my first camber I have a mini pump that pumps water to my aquaipure filter and you can see the clear tube in second camber that's the return tube. Here is a pic of aquaipure filter in cabinet.

image-2329952561.jpg

It keeps my nitrates low to zero that way I can go longer between my water changes.

Jems said:
In my first camber I have a mini pump that pumps water to my aquaipure filter and you can see the clear tube in second camber that's the return tube. Here is a pic of aquaipure filter in cabinet.

It keeps my nitrates low to zero that way I can go longer between my water changes.

Nice. Something I will definitely keep in mind.

Boolay1978 said:
Water changes every week to week and a half. Using RO water with minerals in. Normally changing about 15-20% think it's diatoms but when I touch the sand alot of waste comes in to the water.

Hmmm well I'm not sure why you're experiencing diatoms. How old is your tank? Are you experiencing any dead spots in the tank?

My tank is about 2.5 months old too. Not really any dead spots, sand gets dirty most days got an extra power head and skimmer... Maybe better CUC only got 2 snails 5 hermits

Back
Top Bottom