29g maroon clown hosting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daudioman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I am searching for either a coral or small anemone for my small maroon clown to host. Something that wouldn't require too crazy intense of light. The guy at the Lfs says a bubble tip anemone is the only way to go, but I have a feeling unless I can get it to stay put placed closer to the water surface for more light intensity. I was wondering of anyone here has had heard of any success with a maroon hosting soft corals? Here is a little info on the system.

I have a 29g bio I set up about 6 months ago which I set up from my 5 year 125 reef. I do all the water changes with clean reef water. All levels have stayed spot on since the first week! There was virtually no cycle on the new setup, I used 30 lbs of lr and 15 lbs of ls. The 29g hAs been success thus far, I set it up as my fiancé's so she could get firmiliar with the hobby and it's been going great!

The 29g is home to 1 tiny maroon clown, 1 tiny 6 line, 1 small bio colored blenny, 1 small cleaner shrimp, 1 small sally light foot. I do weekly 5g live water changes and just set up a tiny skimmer on the system which seems to be pulling a little organic out.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Dave

Thank you iDream, I just picked up a pretty nice torch pair for $15. My first pick was going to be a hammer at the Lfs for $30, looked very pale compared to the one in my 125. I am just finishing up the acclimation process and will be placing it soon!

Any idea on the best placement in the tank for the torch that will appeal best to the clown. I initially wanted something for the clown since It never seems to want to settle in the rocks, or when it does it seems to fray his fins some. For now I am going to place it kinda high in the rocks, a bit out of the stronger current.

Thanks again iDream, I will update with a pick in a day or so!!!

Dave

No prob! The placement sounds good, but Torch needs a bit of flow. Not flying crazy in the current, but very obviously swaying in it

I'm doing the same thing for my ocellaris clown in my 16g bow front. I went with one medium sized hammer and 2 small frogspawn frags that I put together. Thought I'd give him a couple options. Just waiting and hoping he hosts now. Good luck with yours! :)

:) i bought a hammer and tooadstool coral in hopes that one of the 4 clowns would host it. Turns out one of them decided my elegance coral was the better choice. lol can never predict what these little guys will do...hehehe

Thank you!

No luck yet With the torch working. I have been waiting for the Lfs to have another option. They did get a couple different torches but don't know if that would make any difference. Hoping to see a good frogspawn soon and give it a try.

Is anyone else having any luck with there clowns hosting coral? Perhaps a maroon?

Thanks again! Your advise is ver much appreciated.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom