29G Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two things.... like the star, an anemone is going to do better in a well-established tank. You might want to hold off on one of those for a little while.
Second, the Clarkii is likely going to outgrow your 29... they can potentially get up to 6" long. If he's a juvi, you'll probably be OK for a while, but.... Even though LiveAquaria states minimum 30g for one, IMO a 5"-6" fish doesn't belong in a tank that small.

Oh, yeah, one other thing.... PICTURES!!

Is green hairy algae a bad thing. Its not horrible right now but there is some on the back glass. I could clean it off but I haven't. I run my t5 light all day until I go to sleep. Any thoughts?

Another thing. My golly is no where to be found. Do they hide in the sand. He was put in yesterday.

I did and I also got a bumble bee snail as a hitch hiker. Really cool snail. My turbo snail won't get on the glass like I want it to. He just eats on my rock.

Nemo6292 said:
I did and I also got a bumble bee snail as a hitch hiker. Really cool snail. My turbo snail won't get on the glass like I want it to. He just eats on my rock.

Because that's where the food Is lol

Do y'all think a corala 240 and a corala 420 powerheads are enough. I've got them placed in a way the my tank in kinda like a whirl-pool. The 420 blows through the front side of the rocks and the 240 blows through the backside. They are positioned on opposite ends of the tank. I also have the AquaClear 70 on high which is circulating the top of the water.

Nemo6292 said:
Do y'all think a corala 240 and a corala 420 powerheads are enough. I've got them placed in a way the my tank in kinda like a whirl-pool. The 420 blows through the front side of the rocks and the 240 blows through the backside. They are positioned on opposite ends of the tank. I also have the AquaClear 70 on high which is circulating the top of the water.

Well you may want more. Just for comparison i Have over 1500gph flow in my 29. For a reef tank on a 29g about 900-1500 gph is recommended. More flow gives you better filtration so you want as much as your corals can handle really. Softies generally like the less flow with sps preferring high flow.

With my lighting only being a 2 bulb t5 I will only be keeping softies, which is what I like better than any hard corals. I may exchange the 240 I have now for a 420. That would give my 840 total gph of circulation. It may still be a little below recommended circulation...

Nemo6292 said:
With my lighting only being a 2 bulb t5 I will only be keeping softies, which is what I like better than any hard corals. I may exchange the 240 I have now for a 420. That would give my 840 total gph of circulation. It may still be a little below recommended circulation...

Sounds good. I would get one of the 550's instead actually but the choice is yours.

My Zoas is for the most part open. But I have a few that look a little sickly. They are closed up very tight. Any thoughts?

Nemo6292 said:
My Zoas is for the most part open. But I have a few that look a little sickly. They are closed up very tight. Any thoughts?

They might have sand or debris on them. Trying taking their rock and shaking it in a bucket of water to clear them off. As long as they don't have a white gel looking substance over them they should be fine

Thanks... When I left for work this morning there was no gel. So hopefully when I get home they will all be open.... Thanks again...

Help!!! Just found this on my coral. What is it?!?!

Attachments

• image-3240761008.jpg
    image-3240761008.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 172
Well... My coral seems to be doing well even though it did have that white stringy stuff hanging from it. I have since left it alone. As of now you can't see it. It comes and goes. I've got a ton of those white feather-duster like things growing on my back glass. Really cool looking. I've also got a ton of purple coralline algae growing on the rocks.

What fish do you already have? Just so I know what to already rule out.

Back
Top Bottom