30 Gal Nuvo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24redbaron

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395610475.363990.jpg
1 year
Still running well. Got some new assorted zoas today...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395615326.133399.jpg
In the tank I have:
Flame angel
Royal grama
Clown fish
Cloudy damsel
Coral banded shrimp
And many corals

There is a ton of cyano in there. You'll need to address your nutrient issues before your corals get smothered or the parameters stress them out. I'm no advocate for chemicals, but some chemiclean will nuke the current issue and then you can start treating the nitrates/phosphates feeding the cyano so it doesn't return.

I've tried shutting off lights for amounts of times feeding less and blowing it off my rocks. Do you think I should use a chemical for this?

It is only a bandaid. Are you using ro/di water? There is a reason the cyano is there, which is the nutrients in the water. They come from tap water or from feeding.

I would use the chemiclean. It will get rid of the slime and then you can move forward with addressing the issues that caused it in the first place.

Run some phosphate media and do some extra wc's and syphon out as much as you can. If your not using ro/di water you should start, if you are it should be tested with a tds meter. It's going to be a battle but you can beat it

I have been using ro water so maybe I'll feed less and if it doesn't work out I'll maybe use the chemical. Does anyone know if the chemical is harmful to corals?

Anybody know much about this rock anemone? I've had it for a month now it opened up fine in the beginning but now it is most of the time closed up. I read that flame angels can nip on it. Could this be the problem?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395708606.260225.jpg
It is the whiteish orange thing in the middle of the picture.

He's my friend. He told me he doses something. I can't remember what it was though

Back
Top Bottom