30 long project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
help with micro bubbles. There are a lot of micro bubbles coming from my intake into the sump and my pump is pumping it back up in the tank. what is the best way to get rid of them?

Ya maybe ill add that later. I just got a 20 gallon long and I want to make it a refugium an get a need skimmer to put in it. But that's a future project.

Question though. I am getting new fish in a couple of days and I was wondering what you guys thought about my bio load. Ill have 7 fish total in my 33 plus my sump area.

Do you think il need to be doing weekly water changes? I have a hob skimmer but its not very good and I don't think it will be able to keep up.

Is there anything I can do besides water changes? Could I use carbon?

I don't think you should skip weekly water changes no matter what. Also, only run carbon if and when you might need to pull out meds or are treating the water for some reason. Really, there's no need for carbon IMO. As far as fish, it depends on size... Seven is a lot on that setup, but you also referred to a hermit as a fish in an earlier post. I don't consider that a fish as far as bio load.

We'll I was doing water changes every other week. Now I think I'll have to do like a 3 gallon water change every week. And ya I guess your right about the hermits. But still ill have 7 actual fish in my tank not including the hermits.

And ya so I guess I won't use carbon and just do weekly water changes on top of using my crappy skimmer.

An it's a lubucks fairy wrasse. Don't think I spelled it right

My wrasse died about a week ago.

Today I bought 3 different kinds of zoas and a sexyshrimp. But not a regular sexyshrimp
It's clear with bluish tips on parts of him. Can't remember the real name

Aw that sucks. I have the Lubbock's wrasse too and they're gorgeous and very active.

Do you have a picture of the shrimp? Sounds like an interesting buy. Anemone shrimp?

Bought new corals

-Green one Idk what it's called
-acro
-orange setosa

Hope it all lives

image-781309703.jpg

image-1515425876.jpg

Got a mated pair of gold coral banded shrimp and some new coral.

image-234217084.jpg

image-1431096129.jpg

Creating a whole new tank. Turning my 33 long into a sump and getting a 55 gallon tank.

I will start a new thread with pics of my 55 gallon when I have it set up with a stand. I foamed the back wall yesterday

image-1806640932.jpg

Keep an eye out for my 55 gallon thread with my 33 long sump in the next week or two

Back
Top Bottom