3g JBJ pico reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their main warehouses are in Wisconsin, but they may have smaller locations elsewhere (most of their shipments come from Wisconsin.) At least that's what someone who works there told me.

Many updates! Sorry for being offline, mods banned me for bumbing...

Tanks up and going, its been up for 1 1/2 weeks, added seeded media, switched out the filter for a marine land penguin 100, working great!

Ive got 7lbs of live sand, 4lbs of live rock, 1 red leg hermit, 1 blue leg hermit, 1 dwarf zebra hermit, and a black clown goby added 2 days ago. I got a cleaner shrimp but left him acclimating to long and ammonia started to build up, $30 down the drain.

For corals i have-
About 10 heads of whammin watermelon zoas from my 37g, and 4 heads of glove polyps from off my blue tux urchins back after he destroyed my colony of 50 or so. Theve grown back as that was 2-3 months ago.

Everythings going great,

Ammo- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate-5

Planning on fragging some giant ricordea mushrooms from my 37g sunday and moving them into this tank.

Will get a pic once lights are on!

Looks great! I like your LR, it's cool looking with the glove polyps on it. Also, nice zoas!

Looks great! I like your LR, it's cool looking with the glove polyps on it. Also, nice zoas!

Thanks, my blue tux urchin tore about 30 off in my 37g, then 20 dropped off and grew on other rocks and in the sand, i moved him to my 20 and took these 3 off his back and stuck them in there, looks a little more natural you know? The mother colony in the 37g now has 50+ heads and ive got another 30+ growing on other rocks.

Now ive got to try and catch my giant cleaner shrimp out of the 37 so he will stop scareing my new blood red fire shrimp into the rocks!

But I don't know about sexy shrimp and cleaners together... I imagine they would be pretty peaceful.

Im still not sure on the sexys though, their eyes freak me out!

I named my clown goby Quasimodo, kinda fits mine, hes got a bit of a hunch back lol.

Im still not sure on the sexys though, their eyes freak me out!

I named my clown goby Quasimodo, kinda fits mine, hes got a bit of a hunch back lol.

Good idea lol. I named mine Julius... no particular reason.

Got 2 nerite snails at the lfs! Its to clean some green algea gowing on the left wall.

image-2192191812.jpg

image-640960124.jpg

Also added .5g of RODI water to top off

Back
Top Bottom