4 gallon nano issue or maybe not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bdonaldson

Aquarium Advice Addict
My first nano reef tank. I Have a 4 gallon evolve reef tank at work and I have noticed these tiny white critters that look kinda like stars all over the sides of the tank. I looked at them with a really strong magnifying glass and they have a bright white center with legs that go all the way around the center. The only thing in the tank is 2 birdnest frags a spiny star astrea snail, two small turbo astrea snails, a bumblebee snail, 2 really small clown fish, and a tail spot blenny. The tank has been set up for about 6 months now and all of the parameters are normal. I am using API master saltwater & reef test kits.

Does anyone now what they are?

image-2433937011.jpg

image-1798530389.jpg

Have a look at hydroids maybe? And I am sure you are aware that two clowns don't fit in your tank, even if they are small :( do you have a future home for them?

Yep, they look like hydroids. Also +1 on the stocking. The clowns are going to be way too cramped in there.

What exactly are your water parameters?

Have a look at hydroids maybe? And I am sure you are aware that two clowns don't fit in your tank, even if they are small :( do you have a future home for them?

Thank you, I will look that up. Yes it is temporary housing for the clowns. I am starting up a 40 gallon breeder tank and will switch them over when the tank is ready.

Yep, they look like hydroids. Also +1 on the stocking. The clowns are going to be way too cramped in there. What exactly are your water parameters?

The clowns will be placed in a 40 gallon breeder when it's ready.

Water parameters are:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrates - 0
Nitrites - 0
K.H. - 143.2
P.H. - 7.8
Calcium - 420
Phosphate - 0
Salinity - 1.023

Do I need to get rid of the hydroids or are they beneficial to the aquarium. I looked them up but there are so many species and I am not sure which one I have. More confused then ever.

My first nano reef tank. I Have a 4 gallon evolve reef tank at work and I have noticed these tiny white critters that look kinda like stars all over the sides of the tank. I looked at them with a really strong magnifying glass and they have a bright white center with legs that go all the way around the center. The only thing in the tank is 2 birdnest frags a spiny star astrea snail, two small turbo astrea snails, a bumblebee snail, 2 really small clown fish, and a tail spot blenny. The tank has been set up for about 6 months now and all of the parameters are normal. I am using API master saltwater & reef test kits.

Does anyone now what they are?

I agree with hydroids but just wondering you don't have the stock lighting still on that tank right?

Back
Top Bottom