4 gallon rimless build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jester1026

Aquarium Advice Regular
So after mostly finishing my 40b addition to my 120 system I was given a green light to "go salty" with my wife's 4 gallon Fluval Chi. I've always wanted a tiny tank, and now that my main setup is about 240 gallons, I think I'll give it a go.
Since its really her tank she gets the final word on how it will end up looking but I will get the honor of doing the setup and maintenance.

Cool man, just started mine a few weeks back. Ex-fluval-chi 5 gallon. Removed all the plastic pieces and its sitting on a mr aqua tank mat now instead of the little pedestal.

Attachments

• image-2057556932.jpg
    image-2057556932.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 210
Looks good, think its the same tank as mine. Rock work looks good. Are you using a heater in there?

So I got ambitious while I was doing a water change on the big tank.
Got the tank cleaned up, filter installed and I swiped some rock and sand from the other system.
Not 100% happy with the layout so I'm sure it will change.

image-1370410621.jpg

Thanks Carey, welcome back and congrats on the wedding. It's not that the scape is bad, it just doesn't work completely for me ( I had the same problem with my 120).

My next question for every one is lighting. I had given thought to a par 38 but part of me wants to go with a custom led build. Would love to hear what y'all have over yours and how you like it.

Lookin good so far! No expert on lighting, but I might upgrade mine to the ecoxotic led arm. You can add led strips and customize your color. They also make dimmers and a programer for it. Saw another guy using it on the same tank we're using it and it seemed to work well. Not sure how it'll fit with your filter though, I'm only using a powerhead in mine.

So I put my DIY LED project for this tank on hold because I just pulled the trigger on a bubble magus curve 7 for my big tank. In the meantime I'm just gonna use a 50/50 cfl bulb, gives off some good color and it was just lying around. Not happy about how it hooked up or hung but I can always fix that.

image-2134268088.jpg

So the wife decided that she didn't like the look of the cfl bulb so I ordered a par 38 when I ordered the curve 7. I have to say this light is really bright, it's hung 27" above the tank and even that high the output is amazing.

image-3338264954.jpg

Also added a yellow clown goby and a stubby clown that's only half an inch long. Will be adding some fire and ice, dragon eyes and several other zoas once I get to fragging.

Back
Top Bottom