45 Gallon Bio Cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It will probably be worth it! Looking for anything in particular?

I wanted some ric mushrooms and I grabbed a rock with three on it. Plus three nice sps frags, a huge green tongue coral ( my son wanted it and won the bidding ) , a Hollywood stunner chalice , and a monti cap with blue polyps and purple rim.

Definitely need pics or it didn't happen ! :) How's the orchid dottyback doing? They are beautiful fish. Hope he's getting better.

Well the pics are going to have to wait a day or so. Woke up to a extremely cloudy tank. I believed big green bubble might have spawned or I had a big bacterial bloom. Just did a 8 gallon water change and all parameter are good. Got to run some carbon.

The dottyback is still alive and in her new aqueon evolve 8. Which I now have to do constant watch on cause I had amm when I tested earlier. So did a change and I am getting more ready so I will be able to do a small one every couple days for a few weeks.

I use fluval clearmax(removes amm,trites and trates.) my bro did a breakdown and it had a horrible spike in trites and trates( the test sample for trates was BLACK!!) put the clearmax in a in tank submersible filter and tested 4days later trates were back to norm..hes keeping it in hos tank mow..put in a media bag and put in the aqueons filter chamber... Hope dotty gets better....:)

I use fluval clearmax(removes amm,trites and trates.) my bro did a breakdown and it had a horrible spike in trites and trates( the test sample for trates was BLACK!!) put the clearmax in a in tank submersible filter and tested 4days later trates were back to norm..hes keeping it in hos tank mow..put in a media bag and put in the aqueons filter chamber... Hope dotty gets better....:)

Will check it out. I only have two small rocks that I moved from my DT. She made a little cave. I put some sinking pellets and she darted out grabbed one and went back into hiding. So hopefully she is getting better. Now just to stay on top of the cycle issue so that don't kill her

Well the pics are going to have to wait a day or so. Woke up to a extremely cloudy tank. I believed big green bubble might have spawned or I had a big bacterial bloom. Just did a 8 gallon water change and all parameter are good. Got to run some carbon.

The dottyback is still alive and in her new aqueon evolve 8. Which I now have to do constant watch on cause I had amm when I tested earlier. So did a change and I am getting more ready so I will be able to do a small one every couple days for a few weeks.

Yay!! That silly fish has been on my mind. Are her fins looking better? Too soon to tell?

Yay!! That silly fish has been on my mind. Are her fins looking better? Too soon to tell?

The fins are still beat up but her color and side look better from the little she lets you see of her. I am going today and grabbing some more live rock to help with the cycle from another reefer close to me. This way I know it's cured and a stablished.

The fins are still beat up but her color and side look better from the little she lets you see of her. I am going today and grabbing some more live rock to help with the cycle from another reefer close to me. This way I know it's cured and a stablished.

Added some more rock to the evolve 8 kinda just threw it in but just want something to help with filtration.

That's the rock you got from a friend?

I feel like your Dotty will pull through. You've kept a great watch on her and have.cared well for her

That's the rock you got from a friend?

I feel like your Dotty will pull through. You've kept a great watch on her and have.cared well for her

I ended up getting rubble rock from the store I get all my stuff at. It's been cured for months. Mostly tonga pieces I grabbed to give her areas to swim in and out of. Going to get some more tomorrow probably.

Good news on the dotty back front. Just watched her actually come out and eat some. Now just gotta keep the water params good for her. Jus did another gallon or so change. Will just do that every few days or so

Well I am working tomorrow so maybe I can get some pics up. My LFS get his orders on Thursday nights for I went with the kids and was there are he go back from the airport. Got a nice flasher wrasse and a blue starfish. I know the starfish are tuff but I have always wanted to try. My six line tried to be tuff for a sec and then backed right off. So think we are ok there.

Love the flasher wrasses!! Mine was awesome...until it jumped. :( hope you have better luck with the star than I did!! I tried a blue linkia- never again. :/ definitely want pics! My six line tried I pick on my ruby head wrasse for a couple days, but now they're fine, so that should work itself out. PICS!!!! We've been waiting patiently. :)

Love the flasher wrasses!! Mine was awesome...until it jumped. :( hope you have better luck with the star than I did!! I tried a blue linkia- never again. :/ definitely want pics! My six line tried I pick on my ruby head wrasse for a couple days, but now they're fine, so that should work itself out. PICS!!!! We've been waiting patiently. :)

The flasher did its little dance when the six line came near him and the six line went to his cave. I know the blue star is hard to get use to the change. Took my time acclimating. Hoping for the best. Got it right off the plane so it didn't go through acclimating at the store and then again in my tank so hope that helps.

as promised
63061-albums11355-picture54153.jpg

blue star
63061-albums11355-picture54152.jpg

green tongue
63061-albums11355-picture54151.jpg

frag rack with with german blue digi and purple cap

Back
Top Bottom