4g Pico Reef Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I probably wouldn't do a fish but neon gobies are tiny and would probably work

I was considering either the sexy shrimp or the Pom Pom, more towards the Pom Pom.

Another big question, online purchasing for corals and inverts? A different LFS store told me about Reefs2Go and that had fairly nice corals and nice prices for them.

I was considering either the sexy shrimp or the Pom Pom, more towards the Pom Pom.

Another big question, online purchasing for corals and inverts? A different LFS store told me about Reefs2Go and that had fairly nice corals and nice prices for them.

I've heard more bad things than good things about reefs2go. Wrong livestock shipped, nothing got shipped, they won't respond to emails, etc... I think they're very hit or miss. You don't have a lfs that could get those for you?

There's one LFS with beautiful corals and inverts like those but they are sooo over priced it's not even funny but maybe I should suck up and do it. This isn't a cheap hobby anyways haha.

It's always nice to support good lfs too. But yeah I hate buying things that you know are so overpriced it's ridiculous

Have you ever purchased any corals or fish online? And if so what site?

Have you ever purchased any corals or fish online? And if so what site?

I've bought corals from liveaquaria and marinedepot. Both came well packed and in great health. They were also exactly what I picked out. Liveaquaria is pricey but they have a 14 day guarantee and they quarantine everything before it's shipped

Okay thank you for all this information, I'll keep you inform.

Nice little tank. I agree that the light isn't gonna support much of anything. As or the heating pad under the tank, it's not the best idea. Maybe find something you could cover it with so water doesn't get on it.

I have a couple of more questions. How often should I do water changes? If I do the sexy shrimp or a Pom Pom can I put a CUC with it or is that too much bio waste for the small tank?

You could do other cuc with them but a cuc isn't necessary. I'd do weekly 25% water changes on the tank

Okay. Another question as well. Should I supply live organisms as in Copepods, something in that nature?

Bribo

I meant to type Bribo, thank you so much for the quick replies, this is helping out a lot.

Okay. Another question as well. Should I supply live organisms as in Copepods, something in that nature?

Bribo

They should come with the liverock and reproduce fairly quickly. Check your tank out at night and see if you can spot any. Adding a culture doesn't hurt though, they're just kinda expensive

Back
Top Bottom