5 gal pico build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nps probably aren't going to be a good choice for this tank, the required feeding will quickly foul your water.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I wondered about that but I'm. Currently setting up a 46 gal tank so if it's a problem I'll switch it over to it. I also don't have any fish so I figured it would take the place of feeding a fish and I do water changes and testing religiously.

Coral have been in the tank for 1 week today, everything looks good except my purple tip frogspawn. It seems to deflate and an hour later it looks fine. It seems a lil droopy all the time tho, is this normal? Also when the guy cut it he used a clipper of some sort and it split up the shaft into 3 pieces. Any input is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Is this right when the lights come on? What is different that it deflates?

No, it seems to happen more when the lights are ready to go out. About the last 2-3 hours. It sits near the bottom of the tank, about a foot away under the leds. The tentacles seem full and the next time I look at them they look really deflated and smashed down. But then Mabey a half hr later they look fine, but still a lil droopy. I'm at work most of the time that my lights are on (12-9 pm) but I'm off today so I will monitor more closely.

Well it looks colorful, so there is health there. But if it is droopy, it might be a flow thing going on in the tank.

Too much or too little? I think it looks better with less flow. With higher flow it seems to retract more.

Well there is a fine line. Too much flow is not healthy for them, or any coral for that matter. It can take some fine tuning. Think gentle breeze through grass for what you are looking for.

Well there is a fine line. Too much flow is not healthy for them, or any coral for that matter. It can take some fine tuning. Think gentle breeze through grass for what you are looking for.

Ok, sounds good! I'll watch it today and fine tune it. Thanks for the help!!!

No problem. Each member of that family can be different in terms of flow. Once it finds 'that spot', it'll take off like a weed! I have a hammer coral, started at 4 heads. It stayed that way for almost 2 years. It is currently down in my sandbed and it just brightened up over night and has exploded in growth. It was one that preferred lower flow.

Back
Top Bottom