5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrock

Aquarium Advice Activist
does anyone have sw fish in a 5gal or smaller tank? If so, what fish do you have? ive had a 36 gal for a while now and i kept a freinds clownfish in my 5g for a couple weeks and he did real good, so now i want to find a fish that i can keep in there, even thought it is so small.

I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy. Not a good Idea, but if you must, stay away from the fish and go with inverts. You could put a few macro algae, a few mushroom polyps and such and for livestock, maybe 1 or 2 sexy shrimp, really cool little things. Add a couple snails and blue legged hermit crabs and you go a nanoreef...

Lot of work and paying attention to the water chemistry though, something that small gets something wrong with the water, it won't take long for that 5 gallons to go south...

Whoops. was thinking fw. A goby would be cool maybe. I dont think a clown would be cool with only 5 gallons though

A Catalina goby would a tight fit but you couldnt add any other fish (( not that i would advise that you add another species ))

My Barnacle Blenny is all over my tank (120). I can't imagine him being happy in a 5g. When he swims he move fast and can travel across the tank in a second! Maybe a trimma goby though. I think they get to about an inch. Cute little fish.

I think you can also put a blue tang and yellow tang as well. I meant the wall paper backgroud. :lol:

thanks for all the suggestions. i might go with a clown goby or maybe just a damsel. i like yellow watchmen gobies but that would probably be to big, right?

yeah, that watchman goby will get to big. Really, you could more than likely get away with a damsel or a goby.......

Back
Top Bottom