5g set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neeker4

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently started a 5g set up that I am converting from FW to SW. I have a nice piece of LR in there now that is about 10#s. I have a HOB filter and a nano PH to move water as well as a 50W heater. My water readings are still all very high but it has been set up for literally 4 days(I don't know them off the top of my head because I'm at work.) When the tank is finally cycled, I want to stock it with something interesting yet not shy because the tank is an island set up that offers only 1 hiding place that is still semi-visable. Any suggestions friends?:)

small gobies are your best bet, neon blue, or clown gobies like pat suggested, theyre fun little guys and usually low maintenance

small gobies are your best bet, neon blue, or clown gobies like pat suggested, theyre fun little guys and usually low maintenance

I'm going to have to disagree on your last point.
As I'm sure you know or will find out, nothing about a nano reef is low-maintenance. A lot of smaller fish are very picky and docile eaters who are easily startled. Make sure no matter what fish you buy, you make sure they are eating and fat at your LFS. It is not uncommon for clown gobies to "reset" when they are moved from tank to tank, they may stop eating and hide for several days even if they are super healthy and must be enticed to eat again before they return to the state your purchased them in.
After the initial concerns though, most smaller species prove to be fairly hardy if you keep up with conditions.

I'm thinking about going shrimp/gobie combo. I think that would ease the transition a bit as they can depend upon each other while adjusting to the new tank. Any combos that people have had success with?

sorry, i was referring to neon blues, not clowns, mine has been awesome ever since i brought him home

my friend has a 55 his mother takes care of (not very well btw, depressing to see =/) and has a clown goby and is quite fat so i figured they wouldnt be too difficult

Back
Top Bottom