6 gallon saltwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
what are some fish that i would be able to keep in a 6g tank. And how many would be possible to keep? I'm a beginner so go easy on me

Haha umm i would say 1 fish is as much as you can go.... Id either get a clown goby and a few shrimp or a smaller goby and a pistol shrimp :) also, you can get corals!

Well not much really you could go with one beta fish or a couple of neon tetras but even then I wouldn't recommend it because they just won't thrive and when getting an aquarium big or small remember that one inch of fish per gallon of water for tropicals, goldfish need 30+ and for salt water its 3 gallons per inch of fish

Not a clown fish, but a clown goby. Clown fish need much bigger tanks :/

Ya you could get a pistol if you got the right type of goby that would have a symbiotic relationship with it :)

Hey nu nu won't he be able to keep a purple firefish... They don't need much room since they are stationary most of the time and very colorful too...

Does tour tank have a lid... If not these guys tend to jump...

Here is my firefish...

View attachment 103849

Ya i probably wouldnt, just because i think a 10 gallon is their minimum, but im sure it has been done sucessfully and im sure it would be ok. Then again i still would be hesitant. Haha

:) yeah I know what you mean... It's kinda hard to stock anything smaller that a 10 gallon cause there is no rules in what should go in... Smallest and less active fish would be best....

Yea i agree! Now that i think about it, a firefish should be ok. I love the clown gobys though... Haha

Yeah I like the clown goby too :)

So there you go Purple firefish or clown goby take you pick :) but remember the firefish is a recommendation only if you have a closed top tank cause 85% of the time they will leap out of the tank if startled.

Hey nu nu won't he be able to keep a purple firefish... They don't need much room since they are stationary most of the time and very colorful too...

Does tour tank have a lid... If not these guys tend to jump...

Here is my firefish...

View attachment 103849

Not a clown fish, but a clown goby. Clown fish need much bigger tanks :/

Ya you could get a pistol if you got the right type of goby that would have a symbiotic relationship with it :)

i love the purple firefish do you think it would get along with a pistol shrimp? because i think the firefish will be my next purchase

Yup my fire shrimp shared a tank with a tiger pistol and a candy shrimp... He shouldn't have any issues... Hood luck and upload a pic when you get him...

Oh is your tank covered? Make sure to have a small cave for the guy with the rock...

Craigj247 said:
Yup my fire shrimp shared a tank with a tiger pistol and a candy shrimp... He shouldn't have any issues... Hood luck and upload a pic when you get him...

Oh is your tank covered? Make sure to have a small cave for the guy with the rock...

Awesome thanks for everything I'll upload when I can and no it's not covered but I have a cave

Ok my advise would be to place a glass on top in the nights after the light go out for a bout a week till he settles in... Just to be on the safe side...

If it is for a 6 gallon I would say to try the yellow clown goby, the Catalina goby or the aurora goby... The Catalina goby likes colder water between 60 - 70 F.

Back
Top Bottom