6g saltwater tank and clownfish trouble???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you really want an explanation? This has nothing to do with it being a nano tank. I do not doubt it is well maintained but that is besides the point. Nitrates and phosphates will become a constant battle as the fish grow and get larger. Also aggression and territorial behavior will become worse.

Your stock is what id recommend for a 20g.

Im just informing, you have every right to dismiss my advice if you want to.

Not dismissing at all, but I researched plenty of these exact set-ups before I started and have seen many of them thrive, and this not my first saltwater tank , albeit it is my smallest. I am aware of the issues you have cited, however, in this hobby, I have learned that what works in
some tanks , may not in others and vice versa because of the many variables involved. You can ask five LFS's or tank experts for advice and get five different answers, etc, etc....I fully understand there may be issues down the road but I'll cross those bridges should they arise, but for now, everything is stable......

Not dismissing at all, but I researched plenty of these exact set-ups before I started and have seen many of them thrive, and this not my first saltwater tank , albeit it is my smallest. I am aware of the issues you have cited, however, in this hobby, I have learned that what works in
some tanks , may not in others and vice versa because of the many variables involved. You can ask five LFS's or tank experts for advice and get five different answers, etc, etc....I fully understand there may be issues down the road but I'll cross those bridges should they arise, but for now, everything is stable......

I agree this is a bit crazy as well to have 3 fish in one tank. Also garlic dose not kill ick so maybe it died because it was not cured.

I cant really believe you when you say you know how to stock a tank, because having 3 fish in a 6 gallon tank is way overstocked...i cant even understand your viewpoint. Im sure your clown is stressed, no doubt about it. Ich is in your system and ince your fish become really stressed ich will come back, i hope you are ready. Your fish is not happy...

Ok, once again, I will repeat, I have not lost a single fish, the clown recovered within a day or two with nothing more than a few garlic treatments, and that was months ago, and ich is in EVERY system depending who you ask, so please do not tell me how "happy" my fish are unless you have personally interviewed them. If normal behavior a healthy blemish free appearance and steady appetite are signs of an unhappy or stressed fish, then hey, I guess I should toss the tank out the window now... Some of you so-called experts get a little bit besides yourself when it comes to unsolicited advice, which I don't recall asking for in the first place, and I mean that with all do respect.

Vman said:
Ok, once again, I will repeat, I have not lost a single fish, the clown recovered within a day or two with nothing more than a few garlic treatments, and that was months ago, and ich is in EVERY system depending who you ask, so please do not tell me how "happy" my fish are unless you have personally interviewed them. If normal behavior a healthy blemish free appearance and steady appetite are signs of an unhappy or stressed fish, then hey, I guess I should toss the tank out the window now... Some of you so-called experts get a little bit besides yourself when it comes to unsolicited advice, which I don't recall asking for in the first place, and I mean that with all do respect.

No one said you had to take the advice. We just like to see people avoid learning the hard way.

Best of luck.

I agree this is a bit crazy as well to have 3 fish in one tank. Also garlic dose not kill ick so maybe it died because it was not cured.

Ok, lets read before we comment, my clown did NOT die, I'm aware garlic does not kill ich, however it did help cure my clown and prevent its return, (unless it wasn't ich in the first place) and again its not hard to find countless examples to support what I'm saying on that note. There is this thing called you tube ya know, and you can see plenty tanks, just like mine, doing well with three small fish , geez. Not to mention these are not fish that are going to grow to extremely large in my tank in the near future, they are all less than less than 1.5in at present and if they do eventually out grow it, guess what, they get a new home.

Vman said:
Ok, lets read before we comment, my clown did NOT die, I'm aware garlic does not kill ich, however it did help cure my clown and prevent its return, (unless it wasn't ich in the first place) and again its not hard to find countless examples to support what I'm saying on that note. There is this thing called you tube ya know, and you can see plenty tanks, just like mine, doing well with three small fish , geez. Not to mention these are not fish that are going to grow to extremely large in my tank in the near future, they are all less than less than 1.5in at present and if they do eventually out grow it, guess what, they get a new home.

Hi, i think we have moved on, and we will have to agree to disagree. Many people on this forum stock their tanks much differant then you do, we have success doing it our way and you have success doing it your way, thats fine. Please dont use sarcasm in your posts, it doesnt take the conversation anywhere. Anyways, good luck with your tank.

No one said you had to take the advice. We just like to see people avoid learning the hard way.

Best of luck.

In the spirit of agreeing to disagree, comments removed.

Hi, i think we have moved on, and we will have to agree to disagree. Many people on this forum stock their tanks much differant then you do, we have success doing it our way and you have success doing it your way, thats fine. Please dont use sarcasm in your posts, it doesnt take the conversation anywhere. Anyways, good luck with your tank.

That's been my point from the start.... ;) Agreed and thanks.

Back
Top Bottom