6g Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michaelbknudsen

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am curious as to what some options may be for fish/inverts in my 6g nano cube. I was considering a pistol shrimp/ywg combo, but kinda fall short on ideas after that. I have a red hermit and turbo snail in there now with a frogspawn and evergreen star polyp.

I am curious as to what some options may be for fish/inverts in my 6g nano cube. I was considering a pistol shrimp/ywg combo, but kinda fall short on ideas after that. I have a red hermit and turbo snail in there now with a frogspawn and evergreen star polyp.

No need to double post.....

You don't have many fish options at all for a tank that size.... A ywg needs a tank much lager than a 6 gallon:
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Yellow Prawn Goby

You might get away with a pistol/hi fin red banded goby, but even that's pushing it. The RBG stays relatively small and is very peaceful, so I think he'd do OK as long as that's all you have in there fish-wise.
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Hi Fin Red Banded Goby

Just remember, with a pistol, you need enough sand bed for him to dig a burrow, and you want to make sure the rock is seated on the bottom of the tank...... If the rock is on top of the sand and he burrows under it, it can undermine & shift, possibly collapsing on him and kill him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom