8 gallon Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishys

Aquarium Advice Activist
We just got two 8 gallon Biocubes. we are wanting to do one with mostly coral. Maybe 1-2 fish if possible. What fish and/or coral do you suggest? For the second one we want to do dwarf seahorses. Any information on either tank would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Clown Gobies are cute small fish that are okay to put in smaller tanks. Some of them are brown, black, green, and yellow. :)

Great thank you! What kind of corals would you suggest? We have a compact fluorescent.

Pollys or mushroom possibly small carpet anemone. Our xenias did good in our six gallon nano cube. Small Christmas tree rock has been doing amazing for almost two years in there too the haitian, decorator crab, emerald crab, and we May actually try to put one of our baby dwarf cuttlefish in there too.

BrentandKitty420 said:
Pollys or mushroom possibly small carpet anemone. Our xenias did good in our six gallon nano cube. Small Christmas tree rock has been doing amazing for almost two years in there too the haitian, decorator crab, emerald crab, and we May actually try to put one of our baby dwarf cuttlefish in there too.

Have a thread on anemones a few pages down i was told not to do carpets in a small tank, I dont know a lot about them but aparently they get really big and they are capable of eating certain tankmates. Again, im not an expert but thought i would throw that out there

Well I have two carpets nems they are real small and don't grow too fast... I guess I will have to return them to my lfs after they get to a certain size or move to a bigger tank... Provided you have good lighting and the tank has run atleast 8 to 12 months a nem should not be a problem

View attachment 97847

Jacobsal91 said:
And to sugest a type of
Fish; they are a little on the challanging side but mandarin gobys are amazingly beautiful

I would only suggest this fish in a 2+ year old tank with a good supply of pods it took me two years to get my manderain to eat frozen foods and forget flakes or pellets and IMO 8 gallons is too small for 1 I wouldn't go any smaller then a 20 they are sensitive and minor fluctuations that can quickly happen in an 8 gallon could be fatal

Clown gobies and firefish would do good in a tank this size. Only get two fish because that is maximum capacity, but you can get plenty of cool invertebrates. There are plenty of gobies you can try. Www.liveaquaria.com has a selection of nano fish you can look at. Itll tell you the minimum gallons that fish needs so it's a good place for stocking research.

Thank you everyone! Sorry my phone didn't notify me I had responses :) we are going to the lfs tonight to get 2 clown goby then more coral. Right now we only have a mushroom. Oh and a domino damsel but that was just to help the cycling. He will be taken back to the lfs. We just got a snowflake eel yesterday. We thought the 75 was eel proof...it's not :) so will be doing that tonight too!

When you said you got a snowflake eel i thought it was for the 8g and my heart sank. Then i read on, haha good luck with the eel proof! Make sure you do it right because there is no worse feeling then seeing your dead fish on the ground in the morning... Haha

Haha yeah! That would be soooo horrible to put him in the 8 gallon! Hopefully we can do it. He is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom