8 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtimtam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So this is my 8 gallon nano reef which I started a couple months ago, it shows the progress of the tank from my initial set up to the phases through the cycle then slowly adding my livestock and coral. The tank is still progressing as it is my first ever saltwater tank. Everything has been doing great and so far no problems or troubles. I wanted to make this new topic to show people that beginners can make the initial choice to start with a much smaller system and slowly work themselves up to a much larger tank.
Livestock:
Occelaris clownfish
Royal dotty back
Short spine urchin(hitchhiker)
Red starfish
Brittle stars x2(hitchhikers)
Hammer coral
Unknown coral(please let me know)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410697372.567442.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410697397.838536.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410697494.390530.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410697517.981301.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410697612.631070.jpg

So any tips and points for me from anyone one else in the hobby would be of great help and anything that I'm doing wrong. And an I.D of that big coral for me!!! And just feel free I can give advice too!! Progress of the tank will be uploaded as I am shopping for more goodies in the next week.

See I thought it was a large torch too but all the ones I see on the internet are much more thicker, the polyps ate more full, the whole piece has just gotten massive in the past few weeks!!

Thank you!! I'll be getting more corals in the next week!! Hope fully some SPS like a birds nest! Or maybe a frogspawn

That would be aweet

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bought a black occelaris clownfish to pair up with my other normal clown both loving eachother already

There very tiny and I'm upgrading very soon, 2 mini clowns is good, I'm upgrading to a 16 gallon soon then in 9 months defiantly a 38 gallon

Back
Top Bottom