84 degrees!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schism said:
Not exactly, you need an appropriate size gravel vac. The finer the sand the smaller diameter gravel vac you need and smaller tubing. The one i use is about 3/8" tubing i believe. You clean the whole sand not just the top. Organic waste is not confined to the surface.

But what if that sucks up all my sand? And also is moving my live rock and cleaning under it a good idea? If so thats going to be a royal pain

Is your liverock completely covering your sand bed... If not run the vacuum in the visible areas... These are steps to help you with the algae problem you seem to hate... Whether you do it or not is totally up to you... Yes the skinner will help to a great extent but the once a week extensive clean is what does the most good...

Craigj247 said:
Is your liverock completely covering your sand bed... If not run the vacuum in the visible areas... These are steps to help you with the algae problem you seem to hate... Whether you do it or not is totally up to you... Yes the skinner will help to a great extent but the once a week extensive clean is what does the most good...

It covers most of my sand but definatly not all. And the turo snails really
Did a number on getting
Algae off the rock. Its just all over the glass its really
Annoying lol
Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom