8g oceanic biocube suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCMA

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All,
I am new to this site/saltwater (I have had freshwater tanks for years though), and I had a couple questions, first here is what my tank looks like right now (it has been up and running for about two weeks):
8.5 lbs LR, 10 lbs live sand
3 blue legged hermits, 2 cerith snails
My LR came with a mushroom, small feather dusters and lots of bristle worms and amphipods
I am pretty sure the tank has cycled (some brown algae last week which I removed) and all of the water parameters look ok from my tests, temp has been a steady 76 degrees.

A couple co-workers have tanks at home and have been telling me I could add a goby or ocellaris clown now but I thought it was too soon to start adding fish at this point, any suggestions or comments? I really like the hi fin red banded goby, does any one have experience with these?

I think a single hi fin red banded goby would be fine when the tank is ready for fish :)
also welcome to AA

it would not grow to large, but it would definitely add more to the bio load, and in a reef we like to keep the bio load to a minimal.

I agree that you should not add any clowns. They are far too active, and grow too large, for the space that the Cube would afford them.:) A hi fin banded goby is a great suggestion imo.

For that size tank just about one fish is going to be it. Maybe something like a firefish would be OK.

Thanks for the advice, I will do some research on the firefish and let you all know what I decide on adding in a couple weeks

Back
Top Bottom